Megan LOVES petting zoos.
About to get her first tattoo.
All other future tattoos will also be 'temporary'.
Me and Emily enjoying the train ride.
James and his girlies "enjoying" the ride.


Thomas has a friend named Emily!
Me and Em checking out the model trains!
He was really a just a car.
There was a real engine on the other end of the train.
Yes, my husband is a bit of a train-geek but I'm OK with that. I enjoy trains too. We rode a few when I was a kid (but don't ask my mom because she'll just tell you the story about how I had my fingers in my ears because of the loud whistle when I was 2). My dad was a train fan too so I really am OK with the fact that I married one. :-) Megan has wooden Thomas train set and she really enjoys playing with it so when we visited the model train layout at Christmas in the Square in December and saw the flier for A Day out With Thomas we decided it was something we had to do. I sure am glad we did because it was really pretty fun. It's unfortunate that the Grapevine train is less scenic than a walk down a back alley in NYC but we still enjoyed the ride. They had a lot of activities set up around the depot and they were all FREE. There was a petting zoo, a bounce house, a model railroad, a blacksmith shop, and another tent that had some games in it (I think, but we didn't go in there). Megan even got a temporary tattoo on her hand. I think the only complaint I have was that you could smell the funnel cakes from the moment you stepped within 50 yards of the place ... and we didn't even have one!! If you have a kid that's crazy about Thomas I would recommend you head out next time he's at a depot near you. We'll definitely go again when he comes back.
No comments:
Post a Comment