I had a birthday last month. I don't know if I mentioned it but I probably did. I should spend less time on facebook (mobile) and more time blogging. I really didn't want to think about since it was my 35th. Seriously ... this whole getting older thing is an absolute sham. When you're young you can't wait to get older so you can do things. Wear makeup. Wear (need) a bra. Drive. Vote. Drink (legally). Eat ice cream for dinner. Suddenly you've hit a wall and there's not much to look forward to. I mean, sure, you get to watch your kids grow up but it's no longer about
you. The milestones all belong to someone else ... granted, someone who means more to you than life itself ... but someone else none-the-less. Once you're 35 you're old enough to be President (I think that's the age requirement, isn't it?) but what else is there for you until you're a card carrying AARP member? The next solid milestone that applies to you is the senior discount (movies, hotels, early bird specials) and that's quite a ways away. Somewhere in there are some medical milestones such as annual mammograms/prostate exams/colonoscopies. Glamorous, huh? I though growing up was glamorous when I was a kid. I couldn't wait to slap on that blue mascara!! (don't judge, do the math, it was the 80s). So for my birthday we celebrated in style to take my mind off of aging. What makes you feel like a kid more than bad pizza sold by a giant rat? We took the girls to Chuck E. Cheese's for my birthday and, honestly, had a blast. That place is like Vegas, minus the booze and cigarettes of course. Here are some pics of our day!!



Here we are at home having cake.


Even Emily had some chocolate cake!
Lucky girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment