Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Busy Day

Today was a very busy but fun day. We started the day off at Kroger. I actually looked at the ad and got my coupons together before I left which saved me about $25!!! WOOHOO! YAY ME! The girls enjoy riding in the car. Emmy usually rides up in the cart but today she got to ride in the car because I bought so much stuff I needed all the cart space to get everything out to the car.


The girls had an early lunch because Megan and I had a play date in the afternoon. My mom came over to babysit Em while Megan and I went swimming. We had a great time!! The pool was really crowded because of Spring Break but I hope to go back sometime when all those kids aren't there. It was an indoor pool (duh) with a lazy river and a spa and a big water slide and a little kids area with lots of splashing water and a small slide. It was about 2-3 feet deep so Megan was able to reach the bottom almost everywhere. She's not a huge fan of water in her face so the splashing was annoying (as were all the big kids trying to play in the little kids area). It was only $5 and well worth it!!

I promised Megan a treat after we left so here she is saying "eat" on our way out the door.


We stopped at McDonald's on our way home and shared a McFlurry. I think Megan was so tired she didn't quite understand why we were getting out of the car and going somewhere else. She figured it out pretty quickly though!



HORRIBLE pic of me but look at that cute ice-cream covered face next to mine. She was taking huge bites and I'm pretty sure she ate more of it than I did.



As soon as she took her last bite of ice cream she headed for the play area. I had to chase her down to clean her mouth off. This McD's is new and really nice. The toddler part of the play area was a little bigger than most and held her attention for a little longer. There were lots of bigger kids thunking around above her which was good - it made her NOT want to venture up there. Yeah, I'm the bad mom who let her keep her shoes on. She wasn't going to be playing long and there weren't any other small kids down there.



She was asleep about 5 minutes into our drive home. She hasn't taken an afternoon nap a couple times this week so I figured an afternoon play date would be OK. I was right. She did wonderfully and I think the catnap on the way home did wonders for her!!


In honor of St. Patrick's Day we had tacos for dinner!! :-) Hey, guacamole (and margaritas) are green, right? I read somewhere a tip about using a clip to keep a taco together for a messy eater. I've seen Megan eat tacos so I thought I would give it a try. It seemed to work pretty well and Megan didn't freak out about having it on there. I definitely recommend it!


I have no idea why she does this but she crosses her arms and says, "dada". I guess maybe James crosses his arms a lot? Nevermind the chocolate on her face and the cookie on the table. Yes, I know she had ice cream in the afternoon but she still got a cookie (or, well, 2 cookies) as dessert after dinner.


We took a short walk after dinner. I LOVE the time change because it is so nice to be able to go outside after dinner. LOOK! Our redbud is starting to bloom!!



Does Mommy have too much fun during bath?

No comments: