Friday, March 12, 2010

Our Day

James left town this morning so I'll be updating my blog, hopefully quite often, with lots of pics and mundane details about our days. If you read this blog often then you're used to mundane. If you gave birth to me or married me, you'll enjoy what I post. :) I hope the rest of you don't give up on me. The first couple pics aren't from today but they were too cute not to share.


Ready for OPENING DAY!

Helping fold laundry AND ready for baseball season.
Every fan has to ask, "Will this be the Rangers' year?"

Before James left he set out cards and gifts for the girls. Yes, he even got me a card and bag of jellybeans. I guess he figured I would need the extra sugar to make it through! (Thanks hon!) Emily came down for breakfast first. It's hard to beat her to breakfast these days since she's waking up sometime in the 5:00 am hour. I'm not sure what's going on there but I fed her a HUGE dinner and a full bottle (yes, I said bottle. Yes, she's 14 months. Shut it.) Anyways ... she loved her Eeyore and her card and book. I think she understood what I was saying because she kept saying "dada" over and over to her Eeyore.

Here's Megan at breakfast in her jammies. She was anxious to come down for some reason and wouldn't let me change her out of her jammies. She wouldn't even let me change her diaper. hmmmm. Megan also got a card and a book and a little Pooh. I fully expect her to steal the Eeyore though. She has affectionately named him EO-EOR, at least that's kind of what it sounds like every time she sees him. We read lots of Pooh and now we even see a little Pooh and friends on TV. That tantrum is a whole other story for a different time!



She loves the dog book Daddy!


After breakfast we got cleaned up and headed to the library for story time. I wanted to take some pics in the library but wrangling two youngsters made that difficult. They really enjoyed looking at the fountains outside. They were both crawling around on all fours. I can just imagine the prissy moms *tsking* and shaking their heads. I wasn't a fan ... but they were having so much fun. I just made sure to keep them away from the cigarette butts. You know, I'm amazed anyone still smokes up here. It's not a real smoker-friendly town we live in.


We had more outside time when we got home. Megan was playing with her sand and thought Emily needed some to play with too so she kept bringing it by the handful. A few of those handfuls made it onto the dog too.



I'm not a huge fan of this picture. Look at it and tell me if you can see what's wrong.


That's right. She has 2 soccer balls and she picks up the basketball.
Bad Emily! My girls are soccer players!


After nap (which really wasn't much of a nap for anyone but the dog) we took a walk. We just went around our short loop but with Megan on the trike it certainly takes much longer than usual. Kaitlin, the poor geriatric arthritic dog that she is, was still pulling at the end of our walk. Megan loves riding that trike though and she had fun. Yeah, the leash almost clotheslined her a few times. We might have to come up with a better way.

Poor Em still has to ride in the stroller.




Megan with her after dinner cookie!
Thanks for the cookies Daddy!!
Mommy hasn't eaten them all yet!!


Getting ready for bath and I see this little stinker smiling like the cat that ate the canary. Sure, she's cute but what was she up to that made her grin so big?


OH ...


Ready for a story and time for bed.
She doesn't look ready, does she?

So that was our day. I took too many pics and shared too much but I don't care. Now I'm just wondering why I'm still awake at 10:30 pm when I have been up since 4:15 am. Especially since we have another fun-filled day in store for tomorrow and we lose an hour tomorrow night. Losing an hour of sleep really stinks. Let's hope it helps adjust Emmy's sleep schedule for the better. Fingers crossed!
OH and speaking of having your fingers crossed ... letters were mailed out today from the school I want the girls to attend next year. I can't wait to find out if they got in! Seriously, I don't have a back-up plan so cross your fingers too!!
Nighty-Night!

No comments: