Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Playdates

We tried out our first "new" activity with our new playgroup today. We went to an open gym session at a local gymnastics place. It was AWESOME! I was ready to hop on the trampolines and balance beams and have some fun but I'm guessing they would have frowned upon it since the open gym time was for the 6 and under crowd. :-) I was really excited about trying this out because I thought Megan would absolutely LOVE gymnastics. Well, she might have but they had some cars and tricycles there and that's what she did almost the entire time we were there. Seriously, she was in this red firetruck thingy for at least an hour. We've got to work on her sharing. Not a strong skill in our house. I hope to get them both enrolled in a gymnastics class but Emmy has to be 18 months so that won't happen until the fall. Here are some pics from our adventure today!!

This is the trike Megan was on when she wasn't in the red firetruck. Emily actually rode this for a while too. She straddled it and held on the handlebars and walked around and around ... until she fell over and decided it wasn't so much fun after all. Megan drove in circles for a long time. Glad I rented a trike for an hour ... :-)




This is a bounce house thingy. It's like a fun house inside with stuff to walk through and windows to look out. I was shocked Megan ventured in on her own, especially since there were other kids in there. I think it was a last ditch effort to stay there because we were getting ready to leave.


The lady who took our money apparently felt bad that I was paying $10 for two kids under 2 so she didn't charge me for Emily. I was very appreciative but laughed about it afterwards because Emmy had more fun than Megan!! Here she is on one of the trampolines. She would crawl across this one and stop for a second to bounce and clap before taking off on her hands and knees again.
They did have this little play area set up for the youngsters with some blocks and toys. We sat here for long time talking to the other parents. There was another new person there with a little boy about 2 weeks older than Emily. He was walking already but I'm pretty sure Emmy could have beat him up.


I would definitely recommend this place for open gym, though I have nothing to compare it to since it's the first one we've been to. They have a rope and a trapeze over a foam pit the bigger kids can swing into or they have a swing you can attach to the bar for little ones. They have 2 big trampolines and one long one you can bounce across and lots of bars and low beams. They have some big blocks for kids to climb on and the bouncy house thing. It really was a pretty cool place.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Where is it?