Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Happy Wednesday

My doc appointment went great yesterday. It was at 7:00 am (ugh!) and I was out of there at 7:30!! WOW! All I did was the non-stress test and it was perfect. Meg was a good little wiggle worm and showed off for the doc. My specialist didn't think an ultrasound was necessary since I'm having one on Friday so they didn't check my fluid levels again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all looks good on Friday but I'm sure all is well the way she's moving around in there. I'm being a good girl and drinking my million gallons of water and I am taking it easy.

Today we took a trip to a different doc. My poor dog hurt her paw this morning. :-( My mom took her for a walk then was playing with her in the backyard when she yelped and lifted her paw. She was limping around all morning and I really expected it to go away but she continued to limp so we took her to the vet at 3:00. (my mom had to load her into the car since picking up a 75 lb dog is probably against my doc's orders). I felt sooooo bad for my poor limping dog! She is my first baby after all. :-) The vet really couldn't determine where it hurt because she wasn't crying out in pain when he was messing with her leg but he narrowed it down to one of her toes and her ankle. I decided to not have them do the x-rays because she really seems to be fine, aside from the limp. She's wagging her tail and eating and she's still walking around when she doesn't need to. I got some medicine and was instructed that she be a complete "couch potato" for about a week then we'll check back. I had to giggle since we're now BOTH on "couch potato rest". My poor doggie. No walks and no playing! I know the feeling!! Another sign she's not too bad ... she has this habit of getting a mouthful of food from her bowl in the kitchen and walking to the edge of the carpet to actually chew it (yes, she is one crazy dog) and she was still doing that tonight, limp and all. Now she's asleep up on the sofa so I'm pretty sure she'll be OK.

James is coming home tonight! WOOHOO! He left Monday (before the sun came up) for Honduras then spent Tuesday night in Nicaragua. I spoke to him Monday night and he was able to call me Tuesday to make sure I wasn't back in the hospital or anything crazy like that but then there was nothing until he landed in Miami today. We decided it was OK that he take the trip. My doc said it would be fine and my mom was coming to stay with me anyhow so it wasn't necessary for him to cancel his trip. Everyone made us second guess that decision, and maybe we are crazy because there wasn't really a way I could reach him while he was gone, but it just didn't seem necessary for him to cancel. It was only two nights ... and now it's over and he's on his way home and I'm so excited. This was his last trip until January!! YAY! A whole two months without any travel.

I turn 35 weeks pregnant tomorrow. That means only 5 weeks left, max. We have SO much left to do. I suppose I need to make a list and get it done one thing at a time since I'm not supposed to do too much. YIKES! I could have only three weeks left until I have a BABY! OMG! FREAKING OUT HERE! :-) The only thing is, I absolutely can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dog does the exact same thing!! She has to take a mouthful of food then walk over to the carpet and eat it. I am glad to hear that everything is going well with you and Megan.

Stefanie