I'm home! YAAAAY! It felt so good to have that IV taken out of my hand so I can use it again. They had to put it in my right hand ... and since I'm right handed it made things very difficult. It also felt soooo good to take a shower. I was only there for 24 hours so it wasn't like I was all gross or anything but it was nice to wash the 'hospital' off of me. Then I sat on the sofa and watched the Aggie game (they tried - it looked better than most games this season - but it wasn't enough). I slept through a lot of it so now I feel all blah again.
Anyways - doc said I need to be off my feet. I'm on modified bed rest - which she called "couch potato rest". I'm allowed to get up to eat and shower and all that stuff. I can also run to the grocery store and do errands but should pretty much stick to one thing a day. The dog will be happy to know I still have permission to take her for short walks around the block too. My doc encouraged me to use the motorized shopping carts at Target ... hee hee I can see it now. Crazy Pregnant Lady Runs Down Obnoxious Kids in Local Target (because they were wearing those stupid shoes with the wheels on them rolling all around the store. grrrr.) So James is getting mad at me every time he sees that I'm not on the sofa. I went to put a load of laundry in and he scolded me. I figure if I'm allowed to go to Target I can certainly wash a load of towels. Don't worry, I won't exert myself cooking him dinner or anything. ha ha ha! Poor James is being so wonderful. I hate that I won't be able to help him around the house since he works such long hours. He's the only one bringing home the bacon but now he has to do everything else too. He's such a trooper.
So that's where things stand with us. Glad my last day of work was yesterday because it would have been anyhow. I can't wait to email my former co-workers and let them know.
OHHH - best part about being in the hospital unexpectedly? We're now registered AND the breast pump store is up and running! YAY! I will be able to rent for the first month then see what works for me! Two things off my to-do list!
4 comments:
Well glad it was just a short trip to the hospital!! It is great that you will be able to rent the pump for the first month after all! See- it is all coming together!! :-D
Yup- there is an upside to everything. Glad you're outta the hospital! You're just dehydrated due to the lack of your normal fluid-beer. :)
stacy
and I would soooo love an excuse to use those motorized carts.....
stacy
and I would soooo love an excuse to use those motorized carts.....
stacy
Post a Comment