I wanted a week to do nothing ... I got it. My fluid level was just about the same as it was last Friday so I was wheeled to the hospital again and hooked up to the monitor again and stuck with an IV again. The only difference? This time I was on the monitor all day long and sucked down almost three bags of fluid before my MFM specialist came to do another ultrasound. Looks like I'm here for the duration. My amniotic fluid was 8.4 which is unacceptable. Both he and my OB agree that they wish it would have been either below 5 so I would have had the baby or above 10 so they could have sent me home. The specialist said we're trying to get another week out of my pregnancy. He's coming back in a week to do another sono and I might be having a baby next Saturday ... or I might be here for another week. The good news? They removed my IV and the monitor and brought me a more comfortable bed. I don't have that wacky breakaway delivery bed anymore and I don't have to unplug myself from anything and take anything to the bathroom EVERY TIME I GO - which is very often.
Just wanted to let you know what's going on. The baby is doing fine. She looks wonderful and healthy and is measuring about 5 lbs 14 oz. Aside from being away from home for my last weeks without a baby and knowing how much we needed to get done before her arrival ... and being in the hospital over Thanksgiving weekend instead of actually being in College Station for the game like we originally planned ... all is well.
No comments:
Post a Comment