I just wanted to share the girls' stats from their visit with the pediatrician today ... but their report cards are still in the car and since it is 2 am that's where they're going to stay until morning. Megan weighs 26 lbs 12 ounces, which is in the 90-95%. Her hight and noggin size are both off the growth charts at >97%. She's still my tall skinny girl even though she has deliciously pudgy baby rolls all over! Emily on the other hand is in the <1% but that is to be expected. She's right on track though. She weighs 7 lbs 3 ounces and is 19.5 inches, which are almost Megan's exact measurements at birth and Emily is 2 months old!! The doc wrote Emily a prescription for Zantac and we started that tonight. She cries when she spits sometimes, especially when it comes out her nose, and she wakes up crying sometimes for no apparent reason. Reflux was a problem when she was in the NICU, pretty common among preemies, so the doc didn't hesitate to give it a try. I think it takes a couple days to see the full results so we're keeping our fingers crossed that it helps.
All in all it was a good trip to the doc. It was a circus trying to get out of the house alone with both of them, for the first time, but I giggled to myself when I looked in my rear view mirror and saw both of my girls in the back seat. Life is good.
3 comments:
"Both my girls in the back seat..." OK, i know I'm 97 weeks pregnant and an emotional basket case, but reading that line made me cry! I am SOOO happy for you and I will be right there with you very soon. Hugs!!! ~gina
life is good. glad you are happy
stacy
I am so glad to hear both girls are doing well.
Stefanie
Post a Comment