I was reading through some old posts and I came across this little gem. It literally made me laugh out loud.
October 2008
How am I going to do it? How am I going to survive having two kids at home? Megan is an absolute handful. We went to the grocery store this morning and it was a nice trip. How am I going to do that with two kids? Shopping carts are designed for one kid. Keep in mind, we're talking about two kids who won't be walking on their own. Sure, Megan will be walking long before this baby arrives but can a 15 month old really be trusted to stay with mommy while running around Kroger? So I'll have one kid in the carrier in the buggy and one kid in the seat. Where exactly am I supposed to put my groceries? I guess I'll be going every other day since my cart will be full of children!! :-)
There is a kind of panic that sets in before you have your first baby and again before you have your second. You wonder if you can handle it or if you're crazy. I think once you decide you want more than that, you have come to terms with your insanity and you just go with it.
I got baby fever yesterday when I was talking to another mom outside of the girls' preschool. She was holding her one month old and he was just so sweet, all snuggled up. I know that part doesn't last long and you are driving your kids around to activities and wiping pee off the couch before you know it (yes, I just wiped pee off my couch. The kid has been potty 3 times this morning so I thought we were safe with the big girl panties. *sigh*). I know time is just going to continue to fly then we'll be trying to figure out how to fund family vacations, college, weddings, etc. The small episode of baby fever is still nagging at me and it sort of took me by surprise. Most days I'm pulling my hair out trying to focus on the cuteness of them all. Trying and trying and trying to just sit for a minute or read an article in the paper or, God help me, go to the bathroom or take a shower without an audience. I know adding another would just add to that craziness ... but that nagging feeling is still there, none the less.
No comments:
Post a Comment