February was another busy month around here but February brings the end of the birthday and holiday madness that is November - February. We have a while to figure out Matthew's first birthday and I already have some ideas going but we have a few weeks before I have to worry too much about that.
In beginning of February every year the city hosts a Daddy Daughter dance for girls ages 4+. Since we couldn't quite figure out how to let Megan go without Emily we just broke the rules and James took both of them. They have about 4 different time slots available so they attended the first dance time, which was in the early afternoon for the youngest party goers. They had fun, for about 30 minutes. Apparently there was a lot of waiting in line for pictures, food, drink, etc. I wish I had pics of the event but this is all I have to offer since, well, I'm the mom and I'm not allowed.
One of Emily's classmates invited her over for a Princess Tea Birthday Party. Oh it was SO MUCH FUN. I felt so bad that Megan wasn't invited but I think it was good for Emily to have some time away from the big sister. You know, you would think the big sister is the bossy, overbearing one, and at times she is, but Em is so strong willed it often seems the other way around. None the less, she doesn't often get much one on one time with me so it was fun. The girls all wore princess dresses (or borrowed one from Hannah) and they had moms doing makeup, hair and nails. They also served tea and cupcakes. It was a really cute idea. There was even a surprise visit from CINDERELLA!!
The girls had their Valentine's Day parties at school, on Valentine's Day. It was a good way to spend my birthday. The parties were actually at different times so I was able to attend them both. Usually I'm running down the hall, pushing the stroller, as I hop from party to party and I feel like I miss so much when I do it that way. Megan's class made bags, decorated and ate cookies, and played Valentine's Bingo.
I have no pictures of Emmy's party because earlier in the day they were playing in the church (it was a yucky day outside) and she fell. Again. She busted her lip pretty bad and, yeah, broke one of her two repaired front teeth again. Luckily, her lip hurt and her teeth didn't so we knew she would survive. She was having a hard time eating and just cried during most of the party. Poor kid.
We took her back to the dentist and he said he would redo the repair FOR FREE but we just aren't sure we want her to go through all of that again. The sedation wasn't fun for her and she gave 'em Hell so they had to restrain her so that wasn't fun for us to watch. Fast forward about a week ... and she broke the other one. Fast forward another week and she fell again on Spring Break and did a real number on her lip again so I think we'll be going back for another look at the teeth. Megan actually took a spill a couple weeks before Spring Break and she broke the fall with her face. Her teeth seemed OK at first but now they appear a little discolored and, strangely enough, further apart? So both of them are going back to the dentist.
I swear they're going to call CPS.
I promise, I didn't do it.
My poor girlies.
OH and on spring break Bubby also bloodied his mouth. If his top teeth were all the way in he might have broken them too.
Or did I share too much and now you're going to call CPS?
:-)


No comments:
Post a Comment