Monday, November 24, 2008

Baby Update

I had a doc appointment today ... and another ultrasound ... and another wonderful report!! The baby is growing well and is measuring about 25 weeks, which is about a week ahead. Also, I have a LOT of amniotic fluid in there. I am on the very high side of normal for fluid level but at least it is still normal. The good news is that I wouldn't be put on hospital bedrest because of too much fluid like I was last time with the low fluid. Apparently I'll know for sure if my water breaks because there will be quite the gush! The other things to look forward to are more swelling in my feet and ankles, a bigger belly thanks to the fuller uterus (glad there's a reason I'n humongous), and a little more discomfort as I get closer to my due date. I'm OK with all that as long as my little girl is healthy. And, YES it is still a girl. The tech said it is 100% a she. At any rate, I have another ultrasound in 3 weeks in case she decides to turn into a he. ;-) My weight gain is holding steady at 1 pound and the baby measured 1 lb. 11 oz. this morning so I'm guessing I've lost a little weight. YAY me! I think I would rather have gained weight than be on this stupid diet though. Listen to this ... I ate half a pizza Saturday night (pepperoni and jalapenos ... mmmmmm ... don't judge me) and my blood sugar was 136 (goal is 120). I had a grilled cheese and a handful of chips last night and my blood sugar was 124. Seriously? Maybe I need to eat half a pizza more often if I'm going to have high numbers regardless! So I go back in 3 weeks - December 16th I think - when I'll be about 28 weeks. I will start weekly Non Stress Tests (heartbeat and movement monitoring) after that, per my perinatologist specialist guy. Around 32 weeks (mid-January) I'll have to start going in twice a week. Wow, you're right Mel, the second pregnancy sure does fly by. I don't know if it's because I'm so much busier with Megan around or what but I don't know if I like the feeling that I'm missing it!!

Progress on the house is going well too, finally. The crown moulding was installed today and the drywall will be set tomorrow and everything else should be done by Wednesday afternoon. WOOHOO! We're still keeping our fingers crossed that it happens. James is busy painting and painting and painting. I think he'll have most of it done tonight, if not all. I guess I need to head back down there to see if I can be of any help.

1 comment:

Mel :-) said...

YAY! You have lots to be happy about! Glad you had another wonderful doctor visit/ultrasound and it is great that progress is being made on the projects around the house! :-) I want to see PICTURES!!!
If you want to go with another 'M' name, I know a great one- Melissa! No pressure...I am just throwing that out there... ;-)