Tuesday, November 04, 2008

uh ... ohhhh

Well kids, it's just not looking good. I think I might call it a night and pray for a miracle while I'm sleeping and maybe I'll wake up to different election results. I doubt it but it's worth a try, right? The power of positive thinking, right? C'est la vie. Everything is cyclical. This, too, shall pass. In 4 years. I can't believe I have to put that man's name in my baby's book as the President when she was born. On the bright side ... I won't have to see any more John Cornyn or Kim Brimer ads. They've been so absolutely annoying over the past few weeks.

I have been surfing the message boards on Babycenter and instead of sticking with the "diabetes" board I meandered over to the March 2009 board. I found a terrible story about a woman who lost a baby at 23 weeks last year and is now in labor with twins at only 22 weeks. I started to freak out and wonder if I have been leaking fluid (or maybe just peeing a little) and was worried about the last time I felt her move. Movements are pretty common these days so I started silently willing her to move. (She did. Right on queue.) I breathed a sigh of relief but then started to worry about how active I have been, all the shopping and chasing Megan around. I started wondering why my back hurt. Did I sleep funny? Is Megan getting too big? Was it a contraction? I know what you're thinking but I have to explain something. I was having contractions when I was pregnant with Megan but they didn't really hurt so I didn't know they were contractions. Once I was in active labor I couldn't really tell when contractions started and stopped without watching the monitor. Then, it was all in my back and more of a constant ache than anything else. SO ... I could be having contractions now and not know really know it, even though I have since learned what they are, and that freaks me out. I hate the bad stories. I pray for that poor family ... but I don't know if I'll check back for an update to see what happened because it really did freak me out. From now on, I'll stick to the diabetes board where we bitch about our blood sugar and what we wish we could eat.

OK - that's it. FoxNews just announced Obama is President Elect. Someone PLEASE drink a few shots of Cuervo for me. No salt. No lime. You need to feel the pain ... you need to feel the pain I'm feeling.

No, it's not a contraction.

:: sigh ::

at least I voted.

I get to complain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! Thomas never told me you were sooooooo funny! I love reading your blog to see what funny things you have to say. I told Thomas he needs to have a peek! He's missing out!

Mel :-) said...

I sooooo feel your pain. I was holding out a tiny bit of hope that Mc Cain would pull it out, but knew he probably didn't have a chance and yet I was STILL shocked when obama won. I voted for Mc Cain so if/when obama ruins the country I can say it isn't MY fault!! UGH! :-o
And stop reading those scary posts on the message boards! ;-)