Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Hello Dolly! ...now let me SLEEP!
When James goes out of town I try to look for the positives. This time, it was only a one night trip, which is definitely a good thing, and I was looking forward to not waking up to his alarm, or his shower, or him rummaging around in his sock drawer. I know I'm very lucky to not have to get up and go to work every day so I'm really not complaining but sometimes, a girl's just gotta sleep and I was curious how early Megan would actually wake me up. Most mornings, she seems content to play quietly in her crib until I get her breakfast ready and go up there to get her. Oh and she's all smiles when I walk in. It's so cute ... right ... back to the point. I woke up around 4:45 this morning to dog paws poking me in the back. There was lightening and thunder so my crazy dog had to wake me up to let me know. Was it storming? NO! Did it even rain? OF COURSE NOT! I was up for about an hour before the dog truly let me sleep again. You can't get mad in that situation. You just have to laugh it off. Go figure that the one morning I should actually be able to sleep through without being disturbed I'm up taking care of my disturbed doggie. :-) Whatever rain we ended up NOT getting was a result of the remnants of Hurricane Dolly spinning up in Oklahoma somewhere. Apparently the storms that came through the area just split right over us and left us dry. At least it was cloudy though. We didn't get over 100* today for the first time in a week or so. Good news for our A/C!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, you are a better person than I am to not get annoyed at the dog for waking you up! ;-D
It's been in the upper 90s here all July and I am done with the heat!! :-o I am ready for the fall and the cooler weather!
It sooo hot- everyone in my house is cranky. I'm ready for fall
stacy
Post a Comment