Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I hate ...

Telemarketers!

One of the first things I did when we moved up here was register all our phone numbers on the Do Not Call Registry. Lately, however, companies have started calling us. They have unlisted phone numbers and pre-recorded messages telling you to press "1" if you're interested in "lowering your interest rate" or "more information on window cleaning" or, like the one that prompted this complaint post, "information about some medicare programs". Over the past two days, I have filed two complaints on donotcall.gov and cussed out some stupid lady. Yes, I actually cussed her out so I fully expect to continue hearing from that particular company.

I just don't understand the logic of the whole thing. If my numbers are registered on the Do Not Call list, why would any company think I want to hear from them? Seriously, if their product is so amazing I would have heard of it and researched it and sought out the companies that offer it.

oooohhhhhh ... like the idiotic knuckleheads that ring my doorbell in the middle of the day. grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I just a grumpy old person?
Seriously, leave me alone!!
I'm going to use the money I would have given you for your product, service or scam, as the case may be, and buy a gallon of gas!!

Thanks for letting me rant.

2 comments:

Mel :-) said...

Yeah, I hate that too- especially since I got on the Do Not Call registry!!!! >:-( We get the one about extending our car warranty ALL the time, it is the same stupid recording!!!! I usually just pick up and hang up on those people or if is a person I wait and let them go through their WHOLE spiel and then just hang up!

Katy said...

I hate those annoying people too! It is very irritating. I usually just hang up while they are talking. Can you imagine if that was your job! What a horrible job it must be to have to call people who don't want to hear from you!!