Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Swing and a miss

About a week ago I thought I would try something new for Megan. I wanted to give her some fresh foods instead of Gerber so I bought a banana and let it get really ripe (soft and squishy). I mashed it up really good with a fork and even mixed in some formula. She absolutely HATED it. I guess it was the texture but she made the funniest faces and even gagged on it. I didn't want to laugh at her but I couldn't help myself. Just yesterday I saw that same face when I gave her some chicken. Obviously since she's only 8 months old I gave her some of the Gerber Chicken in Chicken Gravy. Holy Cow that stuff is foul! It smells like dog food!! Seriously. I almost threw up when I smelled it. By far the most repulsive thing I have ever smelled (even worse than the Broccoli Cheese soup cooking at 8:00 am in the APhi house ... ugh! ... HEY! I was up at 8:00 occasionally that semester!). I'm about to gag just thinking about it.

2 comments:

Mel :-) said...

Yeah, I was never up that early!! Mmmm I loved the chicken spaghetti they made! Totally random trip down memory lane there!! ;-)
That is so funny about Megan- sometimes you just have to laugh at stuff like that! I am sure it was cute though! She knows what she likes!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

You know whats even more gross- when they fling it at you and then you have chicken on you. ugh

stacy