I know I've been out of blog land for a while. We spent the rest of our Independence Day weekend just hanging out. We actually ran errands and tried out new restaurants and made it to the early Mass on Sunday. Megan is such a trooper and just lets us take her anywhere. We're not really those "super strict schedule" parents but life sure is easier on all of us if Megan gets to stay on some sort of routine. That was out the window for the whole weekend and she was fine. She's on a hunger strike of some sort right now. All she wants is the bottle. She'll eat her fruits and veggies but she puts her hand in her mouth after every few bites which makes for a l o n g and very messy mealtime. She's cute but I pretty much have to hose her off after every meal. One of our errands Sunday was Babies R Us because we had coupons for diapers there and I finally bought Megan's little floppy seat. That's the shopping cart/high chair cover and I like it because it folds into itself instead of having a separate bag ... which would be yet another thing to keep up with. Megan sat in the seat in the shopping cart at Kroger on Tuesday. I was really happy that I had all the room in the cart for groceries again ... but I didn't know what to do with the bread and eggs since I usually put those in the seat. ha ha ha!
I knew the find at WalMart was going to be too good to be true. The gates are fine (at least one of them is, we haven't opened both boxes) but the one extension I bought was for the short gate instead of the tall one. Stupid WalMart. It's the one that popped up on the page when I was looking at the tall gates so I just added it to my cart without really looking at it. Luckily I can return it to the store, which is right down the street, but they don't carry the tall extensions on their website so I'm going to have to get that one from BRU anyways. I guess I should order that soon so we can install the gates this weekend since Megan is now creeping all over the place. She's still not lifting her tummy off the ground but she's starting to investigate beyond her normal area. I just hear her grunting and I know she's on the move. Silly girl. She's on the move now ... :-)
In addition to her being on the move, and the hunger strike, she's also declared 'nap wars' with mommy. The first couple times I went upstairs every time she sat up and started to fuss. Imagine that ... with a boot on the foot ... not fun! Then I finally quit giving in and just let her kind of cry it out (it wasn't a full on wail ... just a fuss) and she basically just fell over and went to sleep. All these new things this crazy girl is testing me with. Trying to change a diaper is like wrestling an alligator.
Not much else going on here. Obviously, this is an All Megan post. I'm just enjoying reading everyone's blogs and sitting in the A/C because it is way too hot outside to do anything else and I can't go have any fun (er ... shopping) with this boot on my foot!
1 comment:
I have been out of blog land for a while too, my dad and step-mom are in town this week!
Glad to hear Meg is moving and grooving! I finally started just bathing the kids right in the kitchen sink b/c of how messy mealtimes got- and just wait 'til they start feeding themselves!! :-o
Sorry to hear that you will have to spend some more time to get the gates right! Hate it when something that seems so simple turns out not to be!
Post a Comment