Dining out with Megan is getting a little more difficult as she becomes more independent (and demanding and active and mobile). Last night was her first trip to a restaurant in a high chair instead of her infant carrier and she had a lot more fun sitting up and chewing on her sippy cup. She started to really fuss about half way through the meal so it was a good thing we were in such a loud place - mmmmm Saltgrass. (When we got her home, she had a dirty diaper so I'm thinking she would have calmed down if one of us had put down our fork and gone to change her. duh!). She goes out to lunch with us all time but dinner time seems to be her fussy time so we don't usually take her out at night. It actually went well last night so I know we can do it more often, as long as she gets that diaper changed! ;-) I have to say I LOVE the Floppy Seat! I can attach her toys with those links so when she throws them to the floor they don't fall! hee hee!
My brother is moving in a couple weeks so that's why we all went to dinner last night. Megan got her last head-pats from Uncle Coach for a while and we all had a good time. He got a job as an Assistant Principal at a high school down about an hour north of Austin and decided a high school was too good to pass up, even if it meant moving away from the big city. He's been working on his Masters for a while, going to school while teaching and coaching, and will be finishing up this summer. His school district has this stupid principal intern program that you have to go through so he threw his resume out there elsewhere and is now moving. His dog will be happy ... instead of being locked up in a condo for some very long days Crash will have his very own backyard!! Lucky Dog!
Megan helping me put away groceries! She crawled all the way from the living room, through the kitchen to the pantry to see what mommy was doing!
Here she is telling Daddy to put his very large shoes away!
4 comments:
We noticed we went though a cycle of being able to go out to eat then not being able to, etc. then we had baby # 2 and it started all over again!!! :-o
I am headed for bed, just thought I would say hi...went to see The Dark Knight with friends then played tons of Rock Band...fun times but I am beat! It is the middle of the night- crazy!! Talk to you soon! :-)
Yes, we are getting ready for the phases of restaurant eating as well. It is very easy with a 6 year old, but I am sure when we add the baby to the mix in a couple of months, it won't be quite as much fun! Megan is adorable and growing so fast!
Jenny, she is SOOO cute! I can't believe how fast she is growing up when I check in on your blog!
Floppy seats definitely ROCK! Lifesavers!
And isn't it great when the kids start 'helping' with chores! LOL
too cute!
Try taking three (or two) to a restaurant! I ask for the bill right after I order so I dont have to wait at the end for it!
Stacy
Post a Comment