Thursday, February 03, 2011

Lance Berkman

My heart is broken. The Puma is a Cardinal. He was one of my favorite Astros (in line behind Biggio of course) and I never thought he would leave. When he finished the season with the Yankees last year I really thought Houston would bring him back. I don't know why I thought that, denial possibly. I know people hate the Yankees. After resurrecting the Rangers Fan inside me, I also became a Yankee hater. I always disliked the Yankees but, let's face it, as a NL fan of the Houston Astros, our paths didn't cross very much. That pure hatred was reserved for our NL Central rival, the St. Louis Cardinals. Many of their players just made my blood boil (Pujols, for one, but there were others. Molina, Edmonds, ... Etc.)

Seeing Berkman in a Yankees uniform made me want to cry simply because he was no longer an Astro. Seeing Berkman in a Cards uniform is just heartbraking.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: