James came home last Saturday. It was a great day for him to come home. Great weather!! No excessive flight delays. My mom stayed with the girls so I could pick him up from the airport - so it was like a mini-date. Too bad I came down with Emmy's tummy ailment that night. Seriously? How is that even fair? I still can't believe James went to work on Monday because he was just exhausted and jet lagged. I was feeling a little better by Monday so the girls and I spent our morning screaming our way through Target. They actually opened up a new checkout lane for us. I think they were ready to get the crazy lady with the crazy screaming girls out of their store. It was an experience ... and I'm sure it wasn't the last ... and I know the worst is yet to come. Now, James is sick. He had Friday off and we were planning to go to the Arboretum but the weather was crappy so we scratched that. Friday night is when it really hit James and he's still sick today. Great way to spend a long Easter weekend, huh?
So James is home but Megan still won't sleep in her bed. I caught her on the monitor actually napping in her bed one afternoon and she started out in her bed one night but quickly moved to the floor after we left her room. Is it really weird to have your kid sleeping on the floor? At least she's sleeping in her own room (and not mine!) which is a good thing, right? We made her a little bed of blankets on the floor and that's where we "tuck her in" at night. I'm wondering if her toddler bed is too small? Maybe she's ready for a real big girl bed already. I'm not ... but it might be something we need to look into I guess. Is it weird to have your not-yet-2.5-year-old sleeping in a full-sized bed? hmmmm ... She has been waking up pretty early and I'm hoping that's just a phase. I'm just happy she's going to bed without screaming and sleeping through the night again.
Emmy is a whole other story. I had just gotten her off the formula. She had just started eating real big-people food. She was drinking from a sippy cup at least once or twice a day with the bottle (of milk) coming AFTER her meals. Then, she got sick. All she wanted was a bottle of formula. No cup. No juice. No pedialyte. No milk. No yogurt. Formula in a bottle. Period. Now I'm fighting the battle again, from the beginning. I'm making cups available to her at every snack and meal with juice, water, milk, and it usually just goes to waste. She will eat Puffs ... not Cheerios ... not generic Puffs ... but Puffs alone. I'm pretty sure the girl ate an entire container of Puffs by herself the other day. She even quit eating bananas, which is a real problem because that was the only fresh fruit she would eat and she loved them. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I had to buy another can of formula and more jarred baby food. We go to the doc on Tuesday - for her 15 month checkup - that should be a fun conversation. The doc will probably kick us out!! :-) You know what else my little drama queen does? She'll eat something one day then will not touch it the next time. Today, I was feeding her some cinnamon apples and I put one on her tray. She picked it up, put it in her mouth, and promptly spit it back out. I scooped up that same apple with the spoon and fed it to her and the little booger ate it. Seriously?
I have a ton of pics to share. We had a good Easter - so far. I have a mountain of dishes waiting for me but ... they can wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment