Thursday, April 02, 2009

Emily's doc appointment went well on Tuesday. Basically, her reflux is normal as far as reflux goes. We just have to stay the course and do more laundry. :-) We go back to see him in 3 months and she'll stay on the Prevacid until then. So, for the time being she will be sleeping in her bouncy chair at night! The big news is that she weighs 9 lbs 1.5 oz and is 20 inches long. She is finally registering on the growth chart for her actual age in the weight but she's still below the curve in length. For her adjusted age, which is based on her due date (March 13), she's the equivalent of 2+ weeks old. On that chart, she is in the 75th % in weight and 50th % in height. So, it looks like she takes after her mommy! Short and fat! ;-)

I braved my first trip out with both girls yesterday. We went to Target to pick up a few things (that really could have waited until the weekend but I wanted to get out of the house). My mom is out of town so I also kind of wanted to do this while she was gone so I wouldn't wimp out and ask her for help!! I wore Emily in the carrier and Megan rode in the cart. We made it through the store without a problem, and we took our time, so I was relieved. The only meltdown happened when I tried to put Megan back in her car seat afterwards. I put her in the car without putting her in the seat while I got Emily situated and put the bags in the back so when I tried to get her to sit down ... WOWZA can she scream!!! She was wiggling out of the seat and crying like never before. I call it a mini-tantrum because I know she has more in her tank than what she gave me but I was that mom who appeared to be torturing her own child in the parking lot. To make matters worse (or funnier, depending on who you are) Emily was also not too excited about being back in her seat so she was screaming right along with Megan! Once everyone was buckled in and quiet again, we drove through Chick Fil A for lunch. It was our little reward and both Megan and I enjoyed it. Emily slept while we ate, which was really nice of her, so Megan and I had a little together time at the lunch table. I saw all the mommies walking in to CFA with their kids and I was jealous. I'm really looking forward to being able to get out and about again soon. I'm ready to be exposed to other people, any other people, regardless of what germs they might be carrying!!! We are still in our quarantine period but the docs did say it was OK to run errands as long as we avoid crowds and children. Target on a Wednesday morning during the school year, not so crowded.

Both girls are sleeping so I think it's time for a mommy shower and nap. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got out and about. Not much longer till RSV season is over!

stacy

Heather said...

I'm so glad to hear things are going well! She's growing so fast, 9 lbs! Yay! Congrats on the trip, what a milestone!