Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ahhh ...

Tonight was a good night. I needed to get the heck out of the house and tonight I did. Had dinner and drinks with some girlfriends and it was good. If you ask any of them, I definitely needed the night out. Don't get me wrong, I love my life but I think I'm going stir crazy. Even though we can get out of the house now it is still me and a one year old (with no words) and an infant so at times I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Emily really is doing better. She's sleeping in her bouncy chair but, with a few pacifier interventions, she is sleeping until almost 5:00 am before I have to get up to feed her. Once she starts sleeping in her bed again, and she's sleeping for the same kind of stretches, we will move her out of our room and upstairs. That will be a good day ... but I'm afraid that won't be for a while.

Next Saturday is another girls night!!! I am going to the Kenny Chesney concert with a few girlfriends. Would have been a great time to see Jimmy Buffet when he was in town but no such luck. Kenny will be a lot of fun, as he usually is. Last time I saw him live was at the Houston Rodeo and Phil Vassar opened for him. The time before that was at George Strait Fest in Houston. He played in the afternoon, before the Dixie Chicks, then Tim McGraw then George Strait. Ahhhh those were the days. Anywho ... couldn't get James to commit to the concert so I knew I could talk Tina into coming up here for it if I just mentioned he was coming to town!! We're going to have so much fun!! I can't wait!

So I'm off to bed. It has been a long day and I'm ready for some sleep. I wonder how much I'll get? Thank you ladies for a wonderful night out! We'll have to do it again sometime ...

3 comments:

Lori Roberson said...

Mark and I were at that George Strait Fest....good times!

Judie said...

It was a great night and so will Saturday :)!

Anonymous said...

great that you got a night out! glad emily is doing well

stacy