Tuesday, April 07, 2009

3 Months Old

I can't believe Emily is 3 months old already. It has been such a long journey so far and memories of the NICU are already starting to fade. I know we still have a long way to go with this little one, considering her adjusted age is only about 3 weeks!! By 3 months, we were moving Megan out of our room and I stopped breastfeeding/pumping. I don't think I'm ready to do either of those things just yet.
We had a great weekend. Probably the best since Christmas! We went out and about as a family on Sunday. I know it's still RSV season but we just had to get out. James and I always ran our errands together on the weekends. We always spent most of the weekend together doing whatever we needed to do. Having Megan didn't put too much of a crimp in that routine but having a preemie definitely has. We were careful and kept Emily covered and washed Megan's hands about a million times. First, Saturday morning James got up early and made waffles (yum!). On Sunday, we went to Chipotle for lunch (yum-er!) then to Marble Slab (yum-est!) for dessert. After eating way too much we wandered around Toys R Us for about an hour. Megan sure is spoiled. She got an outdoor activity table that holds sand on one side and water on the other. She seemed a little apprehensive of the sand at first but finally started digging in. We didn't do the water yet because it was too cold to play with water outside. I should also tell you that James bought her a car on Friday. It's a little pink powerwheels that has a handle so we can run it and steer it but she'll also be able to drive it herself when she gets older. It's really cute and she absolutely loves it. I have some pics of that but I haven't put them on the computer yet - and I'm not going to at 3:45 am. ;-)
I had a doc appointment on Friday (endocrinologist - just checking thyroid and vitamin D levels) and their scale isn't as friendly as mine at home. I am down 23 pounds from pre-pregnancy!! I think the magic weight loss has finally tapered off. I know they say "9 months on - 9 months off" but I don't think I'll continue to lose weight for another 6 months. Would be nice but somehow I doubt it works that way when you LOSE weight during pregnancy.
So Wednesday is going to be a good day. I think it will be an exhausting day and I hope I survive because tonight hasn't shaped up to be much of a restful one so far! I have my first hair appointment since Christmas then I have dinner with the girls at Cheesecake Factory. I am being reintroduced to society - the land of the living - the land of the walking and talking and not pooping in their pants. whoohoo!

1 comment:

Heather said...

3 Months already! Time does fly! Glad to here things are going well and you are even getting OUT OF THE HOUSE! Yay! I'm sure you enjoyed your evening out, hope you get many more!