Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Riddle Me This ...

So my kid has snot just constantly running down her face. She's leaving a snail-trail of snot everywhere she goes. The good news is she's motoring around more upright than crawling so that has reduced the trail a little. Anyways ... I called the pedi's office just to make sure her symptoms were normal (and how I should administer Tylenol should we need it since her weight is in the 2 year old range - my giant baby). They recommended an OTC cold remedy for her. She's 1. They say not to give those things to kids under 4. She's 1. Don't get me wrong ... Doc's orders and all. My mom ran to CVS to pick up this stuff called Rescon-GG (thanks again Mom!) that will hopefully give her some relief because, bless her little heart, she just can't breathe. So has anyone had their pedi recommend something like this for such a young one? I'll let you know if it helps ... but I have to say ... I haven't heard her cough since right after she had her first dose. And it hasn't knocked her out. She's as energetic as usual.

Maybe mommy needs some ...

OK - now she's throwing food on the floor. I'm surprised she can get it off her snot-covered hands!! Gotta go!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Our doctor recommended Children's Mucinex for Reagan. She gets 1/4 tsp. 2 times a day. It really helps clear out her little nose.

TEXASEGGLS said...

Well we go to the same ped. so we use the same thing!!! Always works great!

Also a few other tricks keep the saline going and put vapor rub on her feet before she goes to bed, assuming she sleeps in footies! Sounds totally crazy I know but I did it for Cooper on Tuesday and he was a BRAND NEW man by Wednesday.

TEXASEGGLS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TEXASEGGLS said...

Oh and where did you hear over 4? I thought most medicines say check with a doctor over 2, right??

I don't like how you can't spell check!!