Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Good Times

We have been so busy doing a little of everything. We made it to Christmas Eve Mass in time to get seats, thanks to James and his mom getting there early and saving a couple seats for us. It was a nice service and Father actually kept it under an hour if you can believe it. Then we were off to Outback Steakhouse for Christmas Eve dinner. YUMMY! Megan had a great Christmas and was spoiled rotten by everybody!! James made waffles for breakfast and hers even had butter and a little drizzle of syrup on it. She ate half a waffle all by herself!! Then she opened her stocking, which was basically filled with plastic food for her shopping cart. She had fun playing with that for a while until everyone else showed up. Grammy got her a Radio Flyer rocking horse that even makes horse noises and music when it rocks and bounces. She absolutely LOVES it but can't quite make it go on her own just yet. She has gotten pretty good at getting off of it by herself but can't saddle up and ride without help. You could say this was her Radio Flyer Christmas because Grandma got her a Red Wagon. We took it out for a test spin on Christmas Day for a short walk and she enjoyed her wide open view. She got lots of other age-appropriate toys and the house is more crowded than ever.

*sigh*

That's why we're still working on organizing the gameroom. James and I bought ourselves a new gameroom and did not exchange gifts for Christmas. We got a new TV for the wall upstairs, storage system for one of the walls, and the big item ... the PS3 complete with Rock Band set up! WOOHOO! Unfortunately the TV isn't going to be installed until January 11 but you better believe I'll be up there cleaning that room and organizing the minute they leave. We plan to buy a gate to go around all the components to keep little hands away and we still have to get rid of a coffee table and a sofa to make room for TOYS!!

We finally got the nursery done. There are still a few things we need to make it complete but the walls are done, the furniture is done, the bedding is done, and the curtains are done. We need to clean out her closet ... someday ...

So here we are back to normal, or as close to it as possible. James is back at work, for a couple days at least, and Megan and I are on our own. Of course, we're both sick. Poor Megan is just dripping snot and coughing. At least I know how to blow my nose ... but having a cough and being 29 weeks pregnant really sucks! ;-) I have to say something here ... because I like it when my way works better than that of the 'crazies' out there. My kid has been sick one time before this. She had a tummy bug. Other than that, she has been slightly congested maybe 2-3 times for just a couple of days, but nothing like this. She definitely has a cold now, for the first time, in her 13 month life. Those breastfeeding fanatics who tell you that you are slowly killing your child by feeding them formula can, frankly, kiss it. I am glad I was able to do it for 3 months, I do agree that it is good for babies, and I plan to do it again but supplementing with formula does not make you less of a mom and I will not beat myself up about it. Ok - stepping off soapbox now.

Aside from having her first cold at 13 months ... she's also walking! I have to say officially that she started walking before turning 13 months. She will just let go of the furniture and take off on her two little feet. She still crawls more than she walks but she seems to like this new upright mode of transportation. Now, if I could just get her to say some words ...

I have doc appointments this week. Today is the endocrinologist and Friday is my OB for the first of my weekly NST/BPP. My blood sugar has been out of control so I'm hoping they'll give me another week to turn it around because I do not want to start on insulin. Damn cookies! The holidays are terrible for diets. At least it all comes to an end tomorrow with New Years Eve! I hope everyone has a SAFE and HAPPY New Years Eve. If you have kids, I hope you're able to get out for an adult evening!!

Christmas pics are up on my picture page.

No comments: