I am learning the fine art of multi-tasking with baby. It is coming to me little by little and it is something you can only learn by doing. My mom and I went out to eat the other day (mmmm Mexican food) and it was about time for Megan to eat. Poor planning? Maybe. Did I enjoy my enchiladas? Definitely. I was able to feed her with one hand while finishing my own lunch with the other. Of course, I had forgotten a burp cloth (real smart with a spitter like Meg) so my mom had to run out to the car to get one for me (thankfully there was one in there) so I'm not entirely self-sufficient. Yesterday, I cleaned the entire house, top to bottom. Well, OK, so the maids came and cleaned but I did clear the clutter, do some laundry, wash some dishes, and I even put away the Valentine's Day decorations (well, ok - decoration). Today I plan to get out the Easter stuff but Megan is asleep right now and I'm blogging instead of doing anything productive. Aren't you the lucky ones!! You have something to read! I also have to deal with the medical bills and the insurance company. My most favoritest thing in the world.
The new medicine seems to be working, so far. She's still spitting up but she doesn't seem to be as uncomfortable while she's eating so hopefully it's getting better. There could be a few reasons for that so I'm not jumping to conclusions just yet. At least we're done overlapping her meds so now I just have to administer the prevacid twice a day. She seems to like the way it tastes so it's not horrible BUT I'm supposed to give it to her 15-30 minutes before she eats. Have you ever tried to keep a hungry baby happy for 15-30 minutes? At 5:30 in the morning?! Good times. The positive there is that she's sleeping until 5:30 and has been doing that all week, as long as I swaddle her. I was trying to break her of the habit but she broke me instead because I just want to sleep. She eats around 9:30 pm then sleeps until about 5:30 am. Sure 5:30 is early but it is better than the past three months so I'm absolutely loving it.
Our first real road trip is coming up in about a month. Megan's friend Deuce is having his big first birthday party and we're planning to go to Houston for that. Megan had been getting fussy every time I put her in the car seat so I was beginning to worry about taking trips ... then I adjusted the shoulder straps and she seems much more comfortable. I'm such a horrible mommy. I didn't even think to move the straps up even though she has gained 7 pounds since we brought her home from the hospital. I may be getting the hang of multi-tasking thing but sometimes common sense still escapes me.
2 comments:
I just have to say- I am SO jealous that you have maids!! What a wonderful gift that was!! Awesome!! So glad the new meds are working better for Megan, that is great! :-)
Gotta love the medical bills. I've been keeping track of ours in a spread sheet. No joke, I just made my 300th entry on it last night. Sooo fun
stacy
Post a Comment