Things in potty land are going remarkably well considering how lazy I have been about it. I kind of gave up and figured she would really let me know when she was ready. I guess she's letting me know. I think she was ready when she was closer to 2 but I missed the window there because now she's just obstinate and wants to do things on her schedule. We've had at least ONE potty success every day for about a week. Sometimes two. Never #2. It's a great start. She doesn't care much for big girl panties so sometimes she goes commando ... or just goes without. Yesterday was a HUGE breakthrough. We went to Gatti Town for lunch with our play group after soccer. When it was time to go, I went to the bathroom but Megan said she didn't need to so we left. After I got Em buckled in I went to Megan's side and she said she needed to go potty. So I got her out of the car, got Em out of the car, turned off the car, and we hustled back into Gatti Town to find the potty. She actually went!!! I almost fell over (which frankly would have been gross because, well, public kids' place restroom floor, enough said). I was so proud of her and she just seemed like it was just another thing. It was the first time she came up to me and said she had to go, even though she had on a pull-up, and we weren't at home.
I have to be honest ... for a split second standing there in the heat at the car I almost told her to just go in her "Dora". I fought the urge and it actually paid off.
Today we had a couple errands to run. Instead of putting Megan in a pull-up I decided to take my chances. No, I didn't take any extra shorts with me either. We weren't going to be far from home and we weren't going to be gone very long. No accidents! After we had been home a while she called to me from the couch where she was reciting her alphabet forwards and backwards (watching Chuggington on TV) she said "Mama Tee Tee". So we ran to the bathroom and she actually went!! She left Chuggington to go potty. So proud!
She's napping now. She's wearing a pull-up. I'm not a complete idiot.
No comments:
Post a Comment