They just grow up so fast, don't they? Megan's "big girl bed" was delivered on Friday. I was a little concerned that she would freak out since that's what she did when we changed her crib to a toddler bed but the transition went more smoothly than I could have ever expected!! :D I guess she was ready for a real bed since she's the size of a real person. I'm guessing over 3 feet tall is a little big for a toddler bed and that's why she has been sleeping on the floor all these months.
So JCPenney had a great sale for associates and we got 25% off, which explains why I hit the mall with the girls for dinner on a weeknight last week. When they said the next available delivery would be Friday the 13th I balked ... but agreed. I actually got Megan out of bed earlyish for her since we drew the 8-12 delivery time slot. I spent the morning disassembling her toddler bed/crib and assembling her full size bed. It's one of those convertible things, which I'm not sure I recommend. That's a whole other story though.
Stay at home moms with power tools. Pretty cool! Nothing like using the drill at 7:45 am! Oh, and God Bless the inventors of cordless tools! LOVED not having to search for an extension cord.
So the guys delivered the mattress and box spring. The bed was OBNOXIOUSLY high. I was freaking out a little. It was higher than my bed. Megan couldn't get up on it without help. This was going to be a problem. Until I called James who suggested removing the slats (Yes! Power tools again!) and putting the box on the floor and the mattress on top within the bed frame. So that's what we have now and it seems to be working well! It's close enough to the floor even Em can get up on the bed alone and Megan won't hurt herself if she falls out.
Speaking of which, I just heard a thump from her room. Not followed by crying so I guess she's OK.
I'm just proud of her for making the transition so well ... so far. Her room certainly seems smaller now but she's not complaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment