Friday, January 08, 2010

I just finished getting ready for Emily's non-party birthday party tomorrow. Both the girls are sick - much green snot is flowing - so we cancelled Em's party. It's sad to think that she won't have an actual FIRST Birthday party but it's not like the kids remember, or even care. She's not into opening presents and she's not eating table food yet so who knows what the cake experience will be like. Grammy and Grandma are coming over for lunch tomorrow to help celebrate. I felt so bad that I decorated (with the stuff I didn't return today). I even put up some cheesy streamers to make it more festive. I meant to get her some balloons, and I might still do that tomorrow morning. She has one Happy Birthday balloon and two leftover silver stars from Megan's birthday. How sad is that? We originally planned to have a little celebration on her actual birthday Wednesday night but that fell apart when her fever hit 102*. I freaked out a little about it too. That's the highest fever either girl has had. Ever. I just didn't know what I was supposed to do about it. I was in tears because I didn't know how to take care of my own kid!! I had cupcakes and wrapped gifts ready but it didn't happen. I have some pics of her from that day and you can tell the poor girl was just miserable. Here's one for the memory books!!

Super snot on the morning of her birthday.
Took me a while to chisel all that crust off her face.

Never mind the Christmas PJ's.
Megan picked them out for her Tuesday night.

Speaking of memories ... Megan did a self-diaper-removal today during her nap. She's really enjoying her potty though we haven't started potty training yet. The other day she was pulling down her pants, sitting down and clapping before standing up, pulling up her pants and closing the lid. over and over and over and over. It was really cute but I guess that's a sign that I need to get off my arse and get going with it. Anyways ... the self diaper removal today was her second such stunt. The first, luckily was only wet. Today, I walked in to her room and found her diaper on the floor, her pants ON, and the contents of her diaper in her bed!! GROSS! I know it could have been worse. I've heard the stories. I'm hoping she continues to be a little neat-freak and avoids any further poo-diaper activities. Needless to say I had a few more loads of laundry to do after that. Wish I had taken my camera up with me. That would have scared the boys off for a while! :-)

Here's a pic from Emily's Baptism last Sunday. If we had to cancel something because she was sick, I'm glad it was her party instead of her Baptism. We had already waited too long. It was a very COLD day (we haven't had many warm ones this winter) so she's wearing the always chic Gerber Onesie and some nice thick cable knit tights underneath the gown. It's the gown my SIL made for Megan. Glad the spit up stains came out! :-)

I hoped to share more with you but it's almost 11:30 and that's way past my bedtime. I did update our pics page so check it out if you want to!

No comments: