Monday, June 15, 2009

Megan's Stats!

Megan had her 18 month checkup last week. Boy was it a nightmare!! She knew where we were after we got out of the elevator, and I have to say she's not a big fan of elevators either. She kind of fussed all the way into the office but I let her out of the stroller in the waiting room and she had fun playing ... until they called her name. Poor girl! You would have thought being weighed was some sort of torture (well, maybe it is for the 30+ crowd but not for toddlers!!) :-) We were "those" people at the pedi office. The ones I used to tell Megan to not pay any attention to. His only concern was her lack of speech. There's actually a name for delayed speech!!! He wants us to call ECI and have them do an evaluation but he wasn't too worried because she comprehends so much. Hopefully the words will start flowing before we have to go back in December. He doesn't really want us going much longer than 20 months before seeking some sort of intervention ... but we'll see. She's my "cave baby". She's giant and all the does is point and grunt! hee hee! poor Megan. I guess I shouldn't call her that.



Here are her most recent measurements:
she weighs 29.3 pounds ... 95%
she is 35" tall ... >97%



She is way off the charts in her height and head circumference so she's still my tall, skinny, big headed girl. I almost fell over when the nurse said 35" tall. That's almost 3 feet tall. She's only 18 months old. She is wearing 2T clothes, consistently, with the occasional 3T thrown in (and in those snug fitting PJs). Now that's just silly!! Her favorite things to do are to mimic mommy. She loves her babies, and she kisses them and burps them, and puts them in the swing, bouncy chair, and her little stroller. She'll even put a burp cloth over her shoulder sometimes. She fed her baby doll a puff yesterday. It was too cute. She has started kissing her little sister too, which almost brought me to tears the first time I saw it. She doesn't share those kisses with anyone else, just Emily. Oh, and the dog. She kisses Kaitlin. The girl absolutely LOVES being outside. She always wants to go out and never wants to come in. Unfortunately it is WAY TOO HOT to head out in the afternoons now so we have to do any outdoor activities in the morning. We haven't hit the pool yet but I am anxious to see how she'll react. She really likes playing with the hose or a bucket of water at home.



Emily is getting bigger every day too. She doesn't go back to any doctors until the week after the 4th of July. Then we have a bunch. She has to be closing in on 15 lbs. She is always hungry. I think she's ready for cereal but the doc said to wait until 6 months. She is consistently sucking down 8 oz bottles, sometimes within 3 hours of each other. Nobody will ever accuse the Starke girls of not being eaters, that's for sure. She's rolling over both ways, almost. She can't quite get her head upright when she goes from back to front and if I make her go from front to back too many times, she gets frustrated and face-plants and screams. She is sleeping better but still not on any sort of schedule. It is hard to find a schedule when she wakes up to eat at different times every night/morning. Today, she slept until 5 am, so that's when I got up for the day. (I should be napping instead of blogging.) She is really smiling and laughing now and absolutely hates it when you're entertaining her then walk away. We have started bathing her every night because she really sleeps better on nights she gets a bath. That's the only routine we have for her right now and it seems to work well. She plays with toys now too, when they're hanging over her head or right in front of her. She likes her time in her bumbo chair but I think it still wears her out quickly. She is still sleeping most of the day and night but that's to be expected since she is really somewhere between 5.5 months and 3 months old.



We made our first trip to church on Sunday. It was our first Mass since Emily was born. It was really good to be back. We had gotten into a great Sunday routine with the 830 Mass and breakfast afterwards but there is no way we can make it to the 830 anymore. Megan sleeps too late and we're a circus when we're trying to leave the house. Luckily, the have a 10:00 that seemed to work really well this weekend and we got to go to lunch afterwards. mmmm Snuffer's!! Then we hit the outlet mall, me in my skirt and heels pushing the stretch stroller. It was fun though and the girls, of course, got more cute clothes that the really didn't need.



If you were trying to go to the Rangers game Saturday, or anywhere along I-30 from Dallas towards Arlington, I hope you didn't get caught in traffic. There was a bit of a wreck and I have to say I am very happy my brother is OK. He was the front seat passenger in the Hummer. Not much left on that side, is there? The guys were all OK, there were 5 of them in the Hummer, as were the other two drivers. No, the driver of the Hummer wasn't at fault, nor was he drinking. These things can happen in the blink of an eye and sometimes there's just nothing you can do about it. You just have to thank your lucky stars when something like this happens and looks worse than it was. OH - and the airbags didn't deploy. hmmmmm?


I'm off to do laundry. I'm a slave to the housework today. Had a great checkup at the dentist this morning so I guess I should get to work since I got to relax in the dentist chair for 30 minutes. :-) Nothing like considering the dentist appointment a 'break'. :-)

1 comment:

Judie said...

Holy crap that is a scary accident, glad they are all ok! We need to set up another playdate soon!