Emily had her four month check-up today and the news was all good!!
Weight: 11 pounds 15 ounces 25% for her actual age
Length: 21.8 inches 3% for her actual age
Head: 16 inches 50-75% for her actual age
So she's short, pudgy, and has a big head. (I can't for the life of me figure out where my girls got their big heads but they both have them!) All of her numbers were good and it is great that she's on the charts for her actual age. She'll catch up before we know it!! Upon seeing her weight, and seeing her, the good doc said he wants to bring her in for "a soft landing on the weight curve". We don't need the higher calorie formula anymore and we certainly don't need to be fortifying the breast milk with extra calories either. YAY! That preemie formula is more expensive, only comes in smaller cans, and seems to make her extremely gassy. We stopped at Target on our way home and bought some Gentlease since that's what worked so well with Megan.
Of course, what trip to Target is complete without spending $200!? HAH! I always find extras that I seem to "need" when I'm running loose in that store. Poor James has no idea what I did today and I'm not really looking forward to telling him but it was all for the girls and he's a sucker when it comes to his little girls. ;-) Somehow, he ought to be a sucker when it comes to me since I'm the one who gave him those little girls but it doesn't seem to work that way.
I think Emily is done with doctors for a while. She might not have any appointments until July but then she has 4 different appointments in the second week of the month. Megan has her 18 month visit in June and I'm anxious to see how much she's grown!! She's wearing 24 month clothes and some 2T already!! Giant Baby! I have an appointment with the diabetes dietitian, the dentist, and the endocrinologist all in June so it's not like I get any time off from waiting rooms.
Kenny Chesney is coming back to play for us too! WOOHOO! I don't feel so bad for spending so much on tickets now that I get two concerts out of them. Wow was that a nightmare last weekend? So much fun ... but such craziness. I can't wait to do it all over again, except maybe the part about all the rain ... and taking my pants off in the parking lot to drive home. Good times ...
2 comments:
Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear the news about Emily!!!...and Kenny! Have fun when you go back!
25% for her actual age? that is so great!Sarah was born on time and still under 10%. your baby is catching up! how exciting
stacy
Post a Comment