What a nice group of sleepy girls I have today!! Megan slept until about 9:30 this morning! I'm pretty sure she wasn't up all night and she didn't go to bed very late. It was a cloudy morning and I guess she just wasn't ready to get her day going until Regis and Kelly were in full swing! Surprisingly, the late wake up call didn't affect her nap-ability either. She went down, without one grunt of protest, around 1:40 and I didn't get her up until about 4:30. She just must be catching up on some sleep.
I put Emily to sleep in her crib (well, the travel crib we use in our room) instead of in her bouncy seat. I guess that was around 9:30. She didn't make a peep until sometime in the 2:00 hour but went back to sleep with some paci-intervention. Then she really started to wake up in the 4:00 hour but I was able to hold her off with pacifier-reinsertion about 3 times so we got up at 5:00. Since Megan slept so late, I was able to eat breakfast, shower, actually dry my hair, and sleep/cuddle with Emily about another hour. This afternoon, Emily and I had another cuddle-nap during the Astros game after her 2:00 bottle, thanks to Megan's good nap. Actually, Emily is in her bouncy seat for the first time since yesterday!!! I moved the pack n play into the living room, much to James' dismay, but it has been really good to have her napping in there where I can see her and can reach her if she needs anything without going through a door and trying to coax Megan to come out of the room with me. :)
We are going stir crazy with this rain. I didn't get to take my walk yesterday because of a brief downpour right as we were going to leave. We did take one after dinner with Daddy but we like having our girl time. We can't even just go out to the backyard because it's so soggy. We do have some excitement coming up though. The new addition to our backyard is being delivered and installed on Thursday morning! WOOHOO! I can't wait. Of course, I'm sure if Megan had any idea what was coming I'm sure she would be excited too. She just LOVES being outside and I think we are going to have so much fun on our new SWINGSET. It's a fort (or "treehouse" since boys have forts and girls don't - says James) and two swings and a slide! SO MUCH FUN! Also, our neighborhood pool is open and the girls just got their new swimsuits so we're ready to go check that out too. If the rain would just GO AWAY - and please take with it the mosquitoes that I know are just starting to hatch out there.
That's all we have going on now. Emily has her 4 month check up at the pedi tomorrow morning so I'll have measurements to share. I weighed her doing the old "on the scale with her then on the scale without her" method and she was 12 pounds so I'm anxious to have an official weight. Hopefully we'll be able to quit the Preemie formula and move on to something that is easier on the tummy. The poor girl is a tooting machine and that makes her a crying machine (and a stinky one at that). So fingers crossed that she's on the charts for her actual age and we can start treating her like a normal 4 month old baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment