Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Boy did we have some fun!! It was nice to have James around a little longer than usual, for a weekend. He got home a little early on Friday and, of course, didn't have to work on Monday. We packed so much in I am badly in need of a vacation ...

We had a couple friends in town so that was the reason behind the Mommies and Mimosa madness in the last post. Everyone got back together at our friends' house later that night for round two, which involved the guys and mass quantities of booze. Luckily for us, we had the kids with us so were saved the inevitable morning after hangover since we had to get the girls home and into bed! Megan was such a trooper though. She didn't get to bed until almost 10 and she didn't have a meltdown or anything. I know we were pushing our luck but it worked out this time around. She attached herself to a bigwheel type tricycle and had so much fun with it. I think that's what she'll need for her birthday this year ... or Christmas ... grandma ... They do have a trike with a handle that would be cool ... grandma ... :)


SO, Sunday morning the girls and I packed up and went to the splash park for a little more fun with friends. I'm glad nobody called CPS on us because it was kinda chilly and the water was downright cold but we had a good time.







Unfortunately, we had to cut our visit short so Megan could have an early lunch and an early nap because we had tickets to the Roughriders game that afternoon. If you don't know, they're the AA affiliate of the Texas Rangers and their ballpark is out in our neck of the woods. We've been up here 3 years now and Sunday was our Riders game. It was a lot of fun!! We sat in the general admission grassy area in the outfield and I highly recommend those "seats" for anyone with kids. They're cheap and the kids can run around a little without ticking off too many other fans. It was hard to juggle food and drink (and two kids) on the slope but we survived. Emily and I had to take a short break in the gift shop to cool off but it was a great day!


Megan LOVED the Lemon Chill!!

Megan and Daddy watching the action.

Here's a better look at Emily's new souvenir hat!

Monday, our bonus day!! We planned to take it easy but ended up making a trip to Sam's. That's never cheap!! We stopped for lunch at Fuddrucker's on our way home. I hadn't been to a Fuddrucker's in years!! It was pretty good but Megan took one bite of her grilled cheese and handed it back to me. So, she had french fries, lemonade, and some cookie for lunch. Real nutritious, huh? Then, just across the parking lot was Toys R Us so we had to pop in there for a look-see! We had rewards certificates and gift certificates from past purchases so our trip there was "free". After the afternoon nap, we set up the sprinkler outside for a little more long weekend fun!


Apparently she wanted it moved.

The flowers needed some water.

She was starting to look red so I made her cover up. She ended up without a sunburn so I don't know why she was red. I sure hope the dirt comes out of her cover-up though!

Since Emily didn't really get to partake in all the really fun stuff I figured you needed a pic of her so you could see that she had a good time too!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Aaahhh, so much fun and cuteness! Splash pad looks fun! We're supposed to go this Friday, but who knows with the rain this week. UGH! Stupid rain. I haven't been to Fuddruckers in ages either, wow! And Sam's IS always expensive, but so fun! I want to go to a Rough Riders game this season, but not sure if we'll make it! They are so fun!

Anonymous said...

her little ass looks like fun and she is just the age i like too