Megan had her 9 month appointment yesterday and she is almost off the charts!! My 'little' girl weighs in at a whopping 21 lbs. 11 oz. (90th percentile) and is taking after James at 29" tall (95th percentile). The doc expressed a little concern about her big head ... which was above the curve at the 97th percentile but we're expecting it to even out by her one year visit. She got two shots and barely cried. I hate watching that poor little face melt when she realizes what is going on but she was good. She's going to have to learn how to play it up when she gets older!! I had to fill out a sheet about her development and the doc said she's advanced since she's pulling up and cruising already. I figure it's a survival-type thing because it takes a LOT to move that big ol' body around! ha ha ha! The doc did get mad at me for not feeding her anything but baby fruits and veggies though so I went to Target in the afternoon and bought some new stuff for her to try. We went to lunch at Chili's with my mom so I offered her a bite of cheese (she hated) and a little egg yolk from my hard boiled egg on my salad which she gagged and threw up. Today, I gave her some yogurt and she seemed to LOVE it. It's a good snack but something I'll have to feed her so I need to find more stuff she can feed herself that she actually likes. And I'm terrified she's going to choke every time I let her eat something! This is going to be a long process, isn't it?
Last night I had my Fantasy Football draft and it took FOREVER! James got home late so I was trying to research and sign on while taking care of Megan. We started a little late and it just went SOOOO SLOOOOOOW. We didn't finish until 11:00. Then, after looking at the computer for 4 hours (and listening to Fred Thompson's speech!!!) I was still all fired up and couldn't sleep. When I finally fell asleep I kept waking up because Kaitlin was scratching her ears. She was groomed last Monday and they shaved the insides of her ears, which has made them itch terribly. This morning, I noticed a HUGE sore under her right ear so I had to call to make an appointment at the vet. I had to meet with the dietitian this morning so the dog would have to wait until the afternoon. Poor doggie. Now she's wearing one of those satellite dish collars and is absolutely miserable.
But let me tell you about miserable. This dietitian I met with was a bitch. OK, maybe she wasn't so bad but I did not like what she was telling me. She put me on this WAY STRICT diet because of the diabetes. Much worse than the one I was on last time. Needless to say, I'm going to starve to death and really miss all the good stuff. I'll survive but I do plan to talk to my OB about it because I really don't like how she cut my calories. She started with calories for my 'goal weight' and added 300 for the pregnancy. Sounds like she's trying to make me lose weight while I'm pregnant and I don't think I agree with that.
I did get some great news at the dietitian today. She had the results of my A1c and it was perfectly normal. My blood sugar levels have been under excellent control over the past 3 months so there's no risk to the baby from that. I was so happy to hear that.
This has been a crazy week and it's nowhere near over yet! I have my appointment with my high-risk guy tomorrow afternoon (perinatologist / maternal-fetal medicine specialist / whatever you want to call him). Yes, I'm only 12 (almost 13) weeks along but I am hoping he sees something tomorrow that will indicate a wonderfully perfectly healthy baby ... and maybe something that indicates the gender. I'll let you know!
I better wrap this up so I can pay attention to Sarah Palin's speech!!
3 comments:
Sorry to hear about the food-nazi! Bleck! :-p Glad to hear you blood sugar levels are great though!!
WOW- 9 months old already, can you believe it?!?! It is neat when you think that she has now been living outside your body as long as she was in it!! Sounds like she is going to be a tall girl!!
Keep us posted on your pregnancy with anything you hear! (or see if they do an untrasound!!) :-) Can't wait to hear if it is pink or blue you will be buying! ;-)
oops, I KNOW it is ultrasound...why can't I catch the typos BEFORE I hit publish?!? HA!
Here are some ideas on foods Meg can feed herself. Reagan likes the Nutrigrain Bars. They have some that have strawberry yogurt in them. I break them into small pieces and she feeds them to herself. They are messy, but she loves them. She also loves sweet peas, but make sure to feed them to her one at a time. Good luck.
Tracy
Post a Comment