Afterwards, we took a tour of the old 'hood and stopped for a bite to eat at Keller's Hamburgers, a drive-in on Northwest Highway that has been there since the 60's. I had always heard they have good burgers but I had never been there. It was pretty yummy! One really weird thing about this place ... you can order beer. It's a 'drive-in'. You never leave your car. They will bring you a beer that you can drink. In your car. huh? I guess that would have been pretty nice after a hot morning at the arboretum ... if I could drink beer!!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Stay-cation!
We never got around to any sightseeing last time James took some time off so I'm happy to report we finally did this time around! We loaded up the car this morning and set out for a fun day at the Dallas Arboretum. If you've never been there, it's definitely worth going. I remember when the place was built - back in the day - because it is near the neighborhood where I grew up. Today was my first visit and I look forward to going back someday. It's not really cheap - $5 for parking, $8 adult admission, $7.75 for a cold soggy sandwich and a tiny bag of chips (which we shared) - but it was a lot of fun and really wasn't very crowded since it was a weekday. I'm glad we got there early to avoid the heat of the day. They're set up for fall with their pumpkin patch so we got some great pics.

Afterwards, we took a tour of the old 'hood and stopped for a bite to eat at Keller's Hamburgers, a drive-in on Northwest Highway that has been there since the 60's. I had always heard they have good burgers but I had never been there. It was pretty yummy! One really weird thing about this place ... you can order beer. It's a 'drive-in'. You never leave your car. They will bring you a beer that you can drink. In your car. huh? I guess that would have been pretty nice after a hot morning at the arboretum ... if I could drink beer!!
Afterwards, we took a tour of the old 'hood and stopped for a bite to eat at Keller's Hamburgers, a drive-in on Northwest Highway that has been there since the 60's. I had always heard they have good burgers but I had never been there. It was pretty yummy! One really weird thing about this place ... you can order beer. It's a 'drive-in'. You never leave your car. They will bring you a beer that you can drink. In your car. huh? I guess that would have been pretty nice after a hot morning at the arboretum ... if I could drink beer!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That sounds like a great time! Love this pic of Meg and the pumpkins- she is such a cutie! :-)
Love the pumpkin pics! We haven't made our way to the pumpkin patch yet this year! That is funny about the drive thru with beer!! I can't wait for a frozen strawberry margarita myself!
PS- the drive in place with beer sounds great!! Only in Texas!! Do you remember that place in CS on Welborn where you could drive through and get the frozen alcohol drinks?!? (it was a looong time ago, not there anymore!!) They were like Icees for grown-ups! SUH-weet!!! :-D
Post a Comment