Looks like applesauce was the answer. She chows her oatmeal in the morning now because apparently it tastes better with some applesauce mixed in it. She's currently eating the carrots at night and I think she likes those too. She still yells at me when I take the spoon out of her mouth but that just means it is open for her next spoonful. The bottle is a constant flow and the spoon isn't so I think she's having a hard time wrapping her head around that. She is still eating 32 oz. of formula on top of all the solids so I think I need to give her more. Another clue that she might not be eating enough? Right, that would be waking up at 6:00 am Sunday and 5:00 am today. WTF?! She used to sleep until after 7:00 and mommy really liked that!
We had a good weekend too. Saturday wasn't so great because James had to work (big meeting today) but it ended up great. I completed my defensive driving a day before I was supposed to (it's good to know procrastination isn't something you grow out of) and only missed 3 questions on the test (also good to know I make better grades in defensive driving than I did at A&M). HAHAHA! We were both ready for a quiet night so James picked up Chili's for dinner (yum-o) and we just watched the Astros and Rangers game. We both fell asleep on the sofa around 9:30 so it was an early night. I was up bright and early Sunday morning and it was supposed to be a really pretty day so we decided to find something new to do for lunch. We went to downtown McKinney. We enjoyed our lunch and our day though a lot of the shops are closed on Sundays so we did more window shopping than anything else. It is a pretty neat place, if you like shopping for junk and dodging road construction. The best part of Sunday was happening upon the Dairy Queen on our way home. mmmmm!! We watched the end of the Astros-Rangers game when we got home (thankfully the Astros finally won one) and we relaxed the rest of the day. Well, I had to clean a big pile of spit up carrots off the floor but other than that, we relaxed! I made yummy ravioli lasagna for dinner last night - so much easier than real lasagna but pretty much tastes the same - and had a good bottle of wine. Settled in to watch the ACM awards ... ahhhhh ... and now it's Monday and things are back to normal ASIDE FROM WAKING UP BEFORE 5:00!!
Hope everyone had a great week. I'm guessing Megan is ready for a nap since she's sucking her fingers and closing her eyes. Nice, a morning nap and it's only 7:40. Maybe mommy will take a nap too. Or do dishes. Or do laundry. Or vacuum. blah blah blah
3 comments:
So glad you found something she lovs! See- the phase passed! ;-) ;-) Email me your ravioli lasagna recipe! I know we have talked about it on the phone but I can't remember what you said! I have total mommy-brain sometimes! ;-) If I make it to TX this summer we can all go dinner in McKinney or Frisco!!! :-D
oops-
'loves'
Glad you are finding what she wants to eat! The lasagna sounds great, you;ll have to post that recipe on your blog!
Post a Comment