Tuesday, September 18, 2007

and we're ready ...

Maybe. Well, OK, not so much. We did take a class last night that taught us a lot. This particular class is a two night class and last night we covered Infant CPR and Safety that included choking hazards, car seats and babyproofing your home. It was very informative but pretty much just made me realize how utterly terrifying it is going to be to have a little crazy person crawling around my house getting into everything she can. We were both amazed at how tight you strap the babies into the car seats. It looks uncomfortable but I guess it's what works and knowing where Megan is before she's born I guess technically she'll be used to being confined in a tight space, right? Ofcourse, I'm pretty sure my uterus doesn't have straps and buckles but you know what I mean. The home baby-proofing portion was a lot of common sense coupled with the fear of God. No pet food or water should be left out, there are oven latches and toilet latches, cabinet locks. OH MY! It's a miracle I survived my dangerous youth and my parents weren't arrested. I know, I know. New products have been developed to make the home safer for children so they should be used ... but still ... we had none of that crap when I was a kid. Next week will be the "babycare" portion where I'm hoping we will get the instruction manual since I've heard they don't hand those out at the hospital after delivery.

I've added another blog link along the side of the page - The Daily Dispatch. My mom's friend Scherry is the one who does this blog and she only updates it when she's on the road. My mom and Scherry travel together in their motorhomes and they spend a lot of time taking pics, most of which are amazing. Like I said before, they're in Colorado for a couple weeks and should have some great shots of the fall color in the Rockies. ahhhh, to be retired.

3 comments:

Mel :-) said...

Let me know if you find that instruction guide to raising kids... we are still waiting on ours!! ;-)

Maddie said...

HI JENNY! I just saw your blog address on johanna's frisco-database :) i am addicted to blogs! See you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

come on over for the "babycare" section. I've got some babies for you to practice on.....

stacy