Wow what a difference a week makes! I tried to get dressed Thursday morning and the pants I wanted to wear, formerly known as 'fat-pants', didn't really button comfortably around my middle. I could have worn them I suppose but I opted for something with a little more room and as soon as I got out of the office I headed to Target. I knew they had maternity clothes and I just wanted to see what was out there for when I really couldn't wear my own clothes. Maternity clothes are crap. I was between sizes, so is the story of my life, and they really were just crap. Why, exactly, does everything have to be pastel and tie in the back? And what is with the 'flutter sleeves'? Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I want to dress like a 12 year old girly-girl. REALLY. I'm not a lacy, frilly, ruffly person so finding clothes is going to be IMPOSSIBLE!! Luckily I found some FANTASTIC cargo capris but I am also quickly learning that cargo capris are the only casual pants offered in any maternity section and you really don't need that many. That doesn't help me with work clothes now does it? At least Friday was jeans day and my jeans still fit - thank GOD for the low-rise jean! I know they won't fit forever so I thought to myself - Hey! Check out Old Navy! I went to Old Navy and Kohl's on Friday but all they had was crap too. Old Navy was HORRIBLE! I don't know if they're going to quit with the maternity or if the problem was just that I live in Frisco where women make babies, it's just what they do, so they were sold out of everything. They had one pair of jeans in what I thought was my size, and let's face it, I really thought it was going to be too small but it was TOO BIG! WHAT?!?! Kohl's carries a maternity line by Motherhood and I found some cute little polos that, you guessed it, tie in the back. That seems silly to me now but maybe I'll like it when I get big as a house so I bought a couple. They were dirt cheap and they'll go with the jersey gauchos and skirts I have from days gone by that should still fit for a few more weeks. The differences in the sizes at each place has me wary of purchasing anything online, which is where the biggest selection is. The size charts are all the same. Size X = pre-pregnancy size xx-xx HOWEVER this is SOOOO not true apparently since size X hasn't fit me ANYWHERE!! Too small! Too big! It's not really size X is it? This totally bites!! I think I need to quit my job so I can wear t-shirts and yoga pants every day of my life, until next March. :-)
2 comments:
Yeah...if I hadn't been a first grade teacher when I was pregnant with Brooke I don't know that the ruffles and cutesy would have worked for me so much!! By my 2nd pregnancy I stuck with the basics- jeans, capris, shorts and plain t-shirts!! Find some black and khaki pants (try jc penny's maternity catalog) and wear them all the time! ;-) That's exciting to be in maternity though! :-)
JCpenny outlet saved me cuz they made petite pregnant clothes- apparently the only people that reproduce around here are 7 feet tall or something cuz everything I bought was super long. Anyway- I always ended up looking horrible cuz I only owned 5 shirts and 5 pairs of pants and wore the same outfits every day into the office. I refused to spend money on clothes that wouldnt fit me afterwards and were ugly in the first place. Ugh. I feel your pain-
stacy
Post a Comment