Friday, June 01, 2007

Big News from Casa Starke

If you got to this post without noticing the ticker across the top ... you're pretty dense. OK, so that might be a little harsh. Maybe you just have pregnancy brain like me! I won't make you do the math, I'm due December 20th. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO US! It only took me about a year to finally find myself "in the family way" and it took just about that long to figure out how to add that neat-o ticker to the blog. They make these things to look idiot proof but they're really not.

So, I haven't blogged in a while so I've probably lost some readership (right, like a bunch of people really sign on to read about my slow, boring life). What was I supposed to do? Blog about all the silly stuff in my life while I was anxious to spill the beans about the big stuff? RIGHT!

So I said it took me a year. Honestly, probably a little longer than that and when you get to be my age, you start to wonder if it will ever happen (and now, if I will actually live through it all)! I haven't been too sick, just a little queasy, but two things that absolutely turn my stomach are pretzels and Diet Coke. Seriously, those are two things I used to consume on a daily basis and now I just can't do it. Unfortunately, wine and beer still appeal to me but, don't judge, I have been good about staying away from them. I have enjoyed an O'Douls but decided to wait until trimester #2 (and getting out of the woods) before I have more because of the small amount of alcohol non-alcoholic beers still contain. See, I had some issues with my progesterone level in the very beginning and that made me a little nervous about actually considering myself pregnant. I am happy to report though, that we heard the heartbeat just this very morning and it was fantabulous! It took a few minutes (literally, minutes) of the doctor practically impaling me with the Doppler thingy to find it. Poor James was getting nervous and the doc was starting to sound puzzled, which worried me a little, but then we heard it. Then, it was gone. Something about a tilted uterus and, most obviously, the extra layer of fat on my belly I have worked years to achieve with the help of beer, margaritas, and any Mexican restaurant around! :-) ha ha! At any rate, she also said we're "out of the woods" so life is good!

I have to go now but I promise I'll be better about blogging now. I have something fun to talk about! Complain about! Laugh and cry about! Don't expect any pictures of me any time soon. Until I look pregnant, instead of just fat, I don't plan to be anywhere near a camera!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Congrats Jenny!! I do read your blog but don't comment because I don't know you! I only know you through Melissa!!!

Being pregnant is a wonderful experience!!! Enjoy it to the fullest!!!

Mel :-) said...

YAY YAY YAY! I am just so stinking excited for y'all!! That is wonderful news!! I craved beer during my pregnancies too- O'Douls was my best friend, ha ha! Plus you should have SEEN the looks on peoples' faces at restaurants or wherever I threw one back with my big 'ol belly! Those bottles are deceptive; they look so 'real!' I can't wait to hear all about the pregnancy- enjoy every minute of it! :-)

Anonymous said...

yea! again!

stacy

Karen L. said...

Congratulations Jenny! I don't comment much on blogs, but I did want you to know that I read yours (and really enjoy it!). This news definitely deserves a comment. I look forward to reading about your journey.

:o) Karen Rice Le Blanc