Thursday, April 19, 2007

Washers 101

You asked so here's the answer. You've probably seen it before ... the game is usually all over the place at college football tailgating though I never noticed it until a few years ago. Then again, I never tailgated for Aggie football games until after I graduated. I think there was booze involved in a grand total of ONE football game while I was a student. I guess since we won all the time back then we didn't need any liquid libation to ease our pain. Anywho ... I haven't taken any pictures of the guys in action so I'll try to do that the next time we get together (this weekend I'm sure). :-) Check out the website www.bombatwashers.com They have pictures and rules and everything to explain the game. We did the 3 hole version of the game. We place two boxes with 3 holes each (that can only be described as 'golf' holes) 10 feet apart and you stand on one and pitch to the other. The holes have different point values (1 - 3 - 5) and you have to be the first to 21 without going over (like on TPIR in the Showcase Showdown - HAH!). The website I mentioned above sells washers with the collegiate logos on them so ofcourse we bought the Aggie ones. They're really cool! We also bought the Aggie maroon paint at Home Depot (by Glidden I think) to paint ours so they're officially Aggie. There are many different ways to play but we liked the three hole boxes the best and they were really easy to make. I will take some pics to share sometime. My husband is a hero among the guys because now they have something to do when they get together instead of just sit around and drink. He's a toad with the wives because now that's ALL they want to do until the wee hours of the morning. :-) Pitch washers with caution. You have been warned!

1 comment:

Mel :-) said...

Ohhhhhh..I see! That's cool- it sounds like fun. I guess you are never too old for good drinking games! ;-)
I want some of the Aggie maroon paint for our house!!! :-)