Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I can't move!

We did yard work over the weekend and I can't move. I used muscles I didn't know I have. It hurts to stand up, it hurts to sit down, and forget about stairs. We were ambitious but we powered through. We had some weeds in our yard that were at least 2 feet tall. We were that yard. It was really embarrassing but now it looks so much better. It is so hard to go from being the only people who cared about our yard (seriously, that's how Pearland was) to the losers who try to do everything themselves instead of spending money like all the other Frisco Yuppies that are too good for yard work! We pulled the weeds. We trimmed the bushes, even the ones that appear to be near death. We mulched the beds. While James mowed and edged I cleaned out all the old pots and washed them. Then I planted my tomatoes and herbs. Next were the flowers in the backyard hanging baskets, pots and beds. I painted two of the clay pots to match the more stoney type color we have on the rest of the patio and I planted my jalapenos in those. I took apart our old small patio table so I could paint it to match our new patio furniture (that was delivered Saturday - YAY!!). It is so nice to have the backyard back. Things are alive back there!! It was a lot of hard work but a very good weekend topped off with a great dinner Sunday night. We did spicy grilled shrimp. YUM-O! I can't wait until my jalapenos grow so we can do the jalapeno stuffed bacon wrapped shrimp! I suppse I could buy a pepper but it's just not the same ... ya know?

I wanted to blog more but the Astros game is starting so I should go! I don't get to watch them very often so when they're actually on TV here ... every moment counts. Go Astros! Go Biggio! :-)

No comments: