Tuesday, June 07, 2011

2 Weeks

Matthew had his 2 week checkup today. The doc said he seems to be doing great. His belly button will ooze for a few days and his dry boogers need to be sucked out of his nose but all in all we're not doing him any harm. Yet. :-)

He's not quite back to his birth weight yet but he is definitely growing. I have kind of been limiting his bottles to 2-2.5 oz (he seems to want more but then is satisfied and just goes to sleep) but will now let him eat until he pukes! His Newborn clothes no longer fit so I was sure he was back over 8 pounds but he's just under. The main reason the clothes don't fit is because he has grown an inch!!

Weight: 7 lbs. 15 oz.
25-50%

Height: 20.8 inches
50-75%

Head: 14.8 inches
75%

Yes, another big-headed Starke kid! ;-) We are keeping in mind that those percentages are for full 40-week babies. While Matthew was full-term, he was born at 37 weeks so should have grown inside me for another 3 weeks! His due date is tomorrow, by the way.

I also had my 2 week post partum checkup today. I passed the terror watch list (depression) so that's good. I really have been feeling pretty good other than just being tired and in some pain. Evidently more pain is normal each time you have a kid so the good doc renewed my prescriptions for pain pills. Another bright note, I only have 4 pounds to go to reach my pre-pregnancy weight. WAHOO! Even better news, she told me there is no reason to believe that Matthew has to be my last. Apparently my body held up well for c-section #2 so another is completely doable. No, I'm not saying we're going to have a 4th but we're just not ready to say we're done either. Yeah, we might just be that crazy. Only time will tell!!
Jennifer Starke

Sent from my BlackBerry.

No comments: