On to the stats. Had a doc appointment yesterday. We did a BPP (biophysical profile - fancy for sonogram) and an NST (non stress test - fancy for fetal heartrate/contraction monitoring). Little guy did wonderfully on the monitors, as usual. This time, so did the uterus. Sneaky little bastard (uterus, not the baby) only causes problems when nobody's looking I guess. He weighs 6 lbs and that's pretty normal sized. If I carry him to term, another 5 weeks, he would only be an 8.5 pounder. Of course, the way my blood sugar has been behaving lately (though no fault of my own, of course) he might pack on a little extra weight. His head is measuring 38 weeks and the rest of him is about 36.5 weeks so it's big but still within the normal range. Good thing I'm having a c-section, right? If you know my kids, you know I just make big headed babies. I'll say it again, we blame it on James. :-) Dr. P says it's the price you pay for smart kids ... big heads = big brains!! So I go back in a week for another BPP/NST and she's going to check my cervix. She really wants me to make it to 36 weeks because it's much better for baby that way, especially little white boys. If I make my next appointment before going into labor, all bets are off after that. If I go into labor or if she checks my cervix and I'm at more than 3cm dilated, she's "pulling the plug". Third kid .... already having lots of contractions .... the fast progression of labor with Emily .... she's afraid I might be the type to have the baby in the bathroom at home. Yes, she really said that. Too funny!
OH and total score on the scale. Lost 2 pounds last week!! I've been following the gestational diet a little better and trying to stay more hydrated. I am now up 19 lbs and weigh one pound less than I did when I got pregnant with Emily. That's 3 pounds less than when I delivered Emily. Sure hope I can lose 30 after this one is born ... but don't worry, I'm not holding my breath.
Lastly, here's a pic of Ginormous-Me for your viewing pleasure. I've been getting some looks, mostly sympathetic ones from women who obviously know what it's like to be huge-pregnant. Lots of strangers, and moms at the girls' school, have asked how much longer I have to go. It finally occurred to me that I might look really big or something so I decided to take a picture of myself. Umm ... Holy Cow!! ... where did that belly come from? No wonder I can't climb the stairs without becoming totally winded!! The funny thing is, I really don't feel that big. I mean, I have to stand a good foot away from the sink to wash my face, brush my teeth, or do dishes. I wear flip flips because you can forget about tieing shoelaces, just because I can't reach them. I pick more stuff up with my feet, or leave it where it falls, so I don't have to bend over. I don't know if I carried Megan more all around and this one just sticks out or what but it's total craziness. Are you ready for this ... ?
and spell check doesn't seem to be working so forgive any mispellings or typos!
4 comments:
You look great! I was so big with all of my boys and gained so much weight each time. I remember the days of dropping something and just leaving it there. It wasn't important enough to bend over to get it. And yes, little white boys need to stay put as long as they can. Poor little Gage born at 37 weeks even had to stay in the NICU for a week. I mean we had to deliver him because his cord was around his neck and maybe that had something to do with his 'jail' time. Anyway, hang in there!
Hi Jenn
Congrats on the upcoming little boy but before you go into Labor can you tell me what app you used for your blackberry to get blogger? I am not tech-ee and have been trying but it seems overwhelming. Just want to be able to post from it at times. Good luck on the upcoming birth!
Summer- I am so tech challenged too and had to look it up to see how I did it. It's not an App, i wouldnt know how to find an app!! it's part of blogger. From the dashboard I went to "settings" then "email & mobile". In there you can set up an email address for your so you can email blog posts and set it if you want them to post directly or just go into the post list and wait. I can only post one pic at a time and it didn't post the video last time I tried but it is a neat little option. Hope that helps!
Thanks Jenn, got it! Boy, I really try to make things so difficult at times, ha!
Post a Comment