Friday, February 12, 2010

We live WHERE?

We had record snowfall yesterday. Yes, a foot of snow is a record snowfall for us and, let me tell you, I'm so glad I don't live somewhere that has a higher record because this is nuts. It was sowing when we got up Thursday morning and it was snowing when we went to bed. It never stopped!! It was really quite amazing. And let me tell you, this isn't your typical Texas snow. This snow rocks! It is nice sticky, packing snow. Great for making snow men - or as I'll show you in a minute - snowmidgets. At first I was saying, "Seriously. Snow and ice again. Ugh!" but as it kept snowing it was quite fascinating. Don't get me wrong, I've seen snow like this in Colorado from time to time. We had 22" of powder fall at Purgatory (Durango) one year when I was in high school and that was pretty awesome. Truth be told, heavy snowfall is more awesome when you're on a High School Young Life ski trip than when you're a mother of two little ones, but it was still pretty cool none-the-less. James was at work all day yesterday and he left bright and early again this morning even though all the schools are closed. The roads were just slushy-snowy instead of icy so really not a problem. I wish he had stayed at home to play but he does have lots of travel coming up so I guess it's for the best. Besides, it will take more than one day in the mid-30s to melt a foot of snow so we'll have plenty of fun tomorrow! Here are some pics. I've also updated our Shutterfly page with more pics.
The girls watching the snow come down!
This is what it looked like ALL DAY LONG!
Here's the pic of our little snowmidget.
We just aren't skilled snow-sculptors.
Only Megan and I played yesterday.
Emmy was napping.
This is what it looked like when we woke up this morning.
It was just beautiful.
Cold and quiet.
First thing in the morning.
That's just a LOT of snow.
Seriously.
Megan was so excited to see all the snow!
She couldn't wait to go outside.
She started putting on her boots and coat right away.
We FINALLY went outside after lunch.
Emmy was much happier in the wagon off the ground.
Megan helped make a little snowman for her.
er ... a minisnowmidget ... if you will
I put a shower curtain down (don't judge) so Emmy could play.
She was so bundled up she couldn't move.
(like the kid in A Christmas Story - hee hee)
She's not convinced snow is awesome.
The World's Best Dog was playing with us too!
You can see our neighbor's snow fort behind her.
He built it for his girls ...
right.
:-)

No comments: