Emily also has eczema. I finally took her to the doc to make sure that's what it was. I had called them twice but finally just wanted the good doc to lay eyes on it and tell me what to do. I got a script for some steroid cream and had to buy some crazy expensive moisturizer at Walgreen's. That girl is getting lotioned up every time I change a diaper in her room. Since she's a two-nap-a-day girl, that's quite often.
My trip to Walgreen's on Saturday was quite expensive too since the whole damn family is sick. I bought Walgreen's brand "Advil Cold and Sinus" because it rocks. I also bought a big box of Mucinex. Since I'm not pregnant this time I won't worry about it kick-starting labor. ha ha ha! Megan is sick too. Hasn't had a fever over 99.5 but is snotty and has a mean cough so I bought some more Rescon GG. That stuff ROCKS for her!! I hate giving her medicine but without it she simply can't breathe. When do kids learn to blow their noses? I can't convince her to blow through her nose and I'm sure it would help!
The little booger didn't take a nap today either. We went to the park in the morning because it was BEEEYOOOOTIFUL. We didn't want to go to Mass ... the whole family sniffling and coughing would have gotten us more than a couple dirty looks ... so we spread our germs on the playground instead. Megan was fearless climbing up things and going down big slides. I almost had more than a couple heart attacks watching her. Then we had an early lunch followed by trying to put the girls down for a nap. Emily went without a fight. Megan, on the other hand, made it sound like we were hanging her upside down by her toes! After two trips upstairs and about 45 minutes (she never does that) I finally brought her back downstairs. Needless to say, it was early to bed tonight. I'm not sure why I'm still awake. Oh right ... I have laundry and dishes to do ... and a beer to finish.
James took Friday off a couple weeks ago and we went to the Dallas World Aquarium. It was AWESOME. I recommend it. Adult admission is kinda expensive but our girls were free (under 3). Megan LOVES animals so she had a great time going from exhibit to exhibit. You're so close to them too. Her favorite were the otters. We happened upon the otter exhibit at feeding time, which was kind of gross, but Megan loved watching them swim around. Here are a couple of pics for your enjoyment!
Sitting in the shark tunnel enjoying some goldfish!!
It was kind of creepy watching sharks swim behind my little girl.





No comments:
Post a Comment