Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday

ahhhh ... the weekend. It was good for James to get to sleep in a little and it was good for me to not wake up to his alarm in the morning. My mom drove me to the hospital and James met me up there after Megan went down for her nap. Grammy came over to sit while Megan slept. Let me tell you, this has been really hard on poor Megan. She has been really fussy and clingy, which has never been her style. All this is happening at the same time she should be coming into her tantrum phase so add that to everything funky going on around here and all hell is breaking loose. Her routine is virtually unchanged but Mommy never picks her up and Grandma and/or Grammy are always here with Mommy and we never go anywhere. She hasn't been out of the house since I came home from the hospital and she just seems tired. She never knows who is going to be here when she wakes up because it is always changing and I think it's starting to affect her sleeping. I go to the doc Thursday so hopefully I'll be able to pick her up occasionally. I'm still hurting but it is getting better every day.

As for little Miss Emily ... She was up to 3 lbs 13.7 oz. yesterday but was down to 3 lbs 12.3 oz. today. They said a little dip isn't anything to worry about as long as she is trending UP. We called to check on her tonight but she hasn't been weighed yet. She had been spitting up some so her feedings are now being done over 90 minutes on the pump and it seems to be helping. She's still eating 30ml per feeding. We changed her diaper this afternoon and she had a real poopy diaper - no more meconium (however you spell it). I was happy to see that, however weird that may sound. It's like she's an actual baby with real baby poops and everything! :-) She seems to be maintaining her body temp well and might be moved to a 'big girl bed' within a week. I'm really hoping she does because then we'll be able to give her a bath and it will be so much easier to hold her and change her and all that fun stuff, not to mention it's just one step closer to her coming home!! I spent another hour and a half in the chair with her today and it was great. She slept very soundly with her mouth wide open almost the whole time. Her bradys continue to become less severe but they are still happening several times throughout the day. She had a couple while we were there today but she brought herself out of them almost before they even registered. She's still on room air oxygen at 2 liters (I think) and they're hoping to decrease that soon. She looks so cute dressed in all her new clothes and now has a few more outfits ... thank you Gina!!She'll be the best dressed baby in all the hospital!!

I know a lot of you have called to check up and offer support and I'm really sorry if we're not getting back to you guys. We really do appreciate it. It just seems like the days are whizzing by and before we know it, it is time to take care of Megan ... or eat ... or leave for the hospital ... or go to bed ... or, for me, it's always time to pump again ... and we forget to return phone calls and emails. We miss everyone and would love to see people soon but things are just so crazy right now. Thank you so much for everything ... we love you guys ... hopefully things will settle down soon.

1 comment:

Mel :-) said...

Sorry to hear that it has been a little hard on Megan! As time goes on it will be a lot easier for her!
Glad to hear things are going well with Emily! Yay for poop, HAHA! (I totally got what you were saying, I am just being silly!) ;-)