I can't believe it has been a week. I finally was able to hold little Miss Emily!!! They do a thing with preemies called "Kangaroo" care where you hold them for an extended time period, skin on skin. It was incredible. I sat in a recliner with my feet up and my sweet little teeny girl on my chest for an hour and a half. I watched her monitors and tried so hard not to fall asleep. It was so relaxing but I didn't want to miss a minute of it. I'm sure it did wonders for my recovery as well and I can't wait to do it again.
Her bilirubin level was on the rise again so she's back under the bright lights. She's still having her heart rate and breathing episodes and we're still just waiting for them to stop. She is tolerating her feedings well and if everything goes perfectly, and I don't count on perfectly, she will be off IV fluids by sometime Friday. Once she gets rid of the IV we can start dressing her and swaddling her in her own little blankets. We just look forward to every little milestone.
The big news is that they did an ultrasound of her noggin to check for bleeding in the brain and it was normal. Also, she has gained a little more weight and is now 3 lbs. 8.8 oz., which is 0.2 oz. below her birth weight!!
3 comments:
Another great report Jen! Emily is strong.
I'm so glad you got to hold her! I know that was so great for you both! :-)
Good to hear you got to hold her!
stacy
Post a Comment