I had my visit with my OB and am officially off her terror watch list. Yay me! Her official finding as to why I went into labor early was my cold. My placenta had no signs of infection and neither did Emily but it is likely my sinus infection and probable low grade fever kicked things into motion. She also confirmed that my cervix was 100% closed and there were no signs of labor in my ultrasound the Friday before so it's not like I missed something or ignored something, which is a thought that had been haunting me for two and a half weeks now. She had previously mentioned something about a tiny blood clot and a partial abruption of the placenta but I guess that was a theory that they found to be untrue. Pretty much ... it was a fluke ... which puts me at greater risk of it happening again. Needless to say if Megan and Emily are going to have a little brother or sister I will be watched even more closely than this pregnancy ... if that is even possible!!
On a lighter note ... just wanted to add for those of you who might have been reading my blog all along ... my total weight gain had been about 3 pounds, right? I am now 12 pounds lighter than I was when I got pregnant. Silver lining ... I suppose.
Also, I am healing quickly and have been cleared to drive and actually take care of Megan. I can actually pick her up now as long as I take it easy. I promised that I would. And I will. I don't want to hurt myself and be out of commission for even longer.
Just had to share.
OH - and I did stop in to see Emily and she sure is in a better pod than before. It was so much quieter and half the babies are in open bassinets and the moms were nursing and feeding them. One of her new roomies was discharged this morning (and he had the corner room with a window view) so we jokingly told the nurse we were eyeing his spot. Who knows? Maybe she'll get it! The doc called me later in the day and said she had about 10-11 bradys yesterday so she was upping her oxygen flow to 1L again. She said the bradys are not severe but if they're avoidable we might as well try to avoid them. The increased oxygen flow might not even work, and if it doesn't, they'll reduce it again. So it's really only about a half step back ... and we're OK with that.
1 comment:
Wow, 12 lbs lighter! That's great! ;-) Glad you are doing so well and are up and driving, etc. I am sure it is hard not to be able to get around on your own!
Post a Comment