Monday, September 22, 2008

True Confessions ...

I figured it might be time for some confessions. I laughed at myself yesterday, as I was cleaning up my closet and unpacking all my maternity clothes. I happened upon a few things that might give you guys a chuckle ... and it goes on from there.

1. James gave me a Craig Biggio jersey several years ago for Christmas. I wore it to every Astros game we went to (over a tank or a tee) and to work on occasion when we were supposed to wear baseball stuff (like when the All-Star game was in Houston and when the Astros were in the World Series, etc.). The last time I wore it was to Biggio's jersey retirement in August then it finally ended up in the hamper. That jersey was finally washed for the first time. Is that just gross? I hadn't realized how dirty it was until I saw how sparkly white it was last night.

2. Maternity clothes rock! I know they can be dumpy and lifeless and sometimes you feel like a cow because the MooMoo is the only thing that fits but as I was hanging up my clothes last night I found myself yearning to wear some of my favorites from my last pregnancy. There were some outfits that won't fit me for at least 3 more months but they are SOOOOOO comfy and stretchy. It's like wearing PJs all day long. I can't wait!!

3. Along with the maternity clothes are the maternity undies. They are just so huge but they don't ride up my huge pregnant butt or roll down my rotund belly. I have to wait a few more weeks before I can wear them but, again, I'm looking forward to it. Does that make me crazy?

4. I didn't care what my dinner did to my blood sugar last night. I was hungry and we went to eat BBQ at the new Dickey's!! I had brisket and fries and a side salad (at least I was good there) and I knew BBQ sauce is pretty high in carbs but I poured it on. They had a spicy sauce that was almost too much for us. It was sooooo yummy. I only ate a couple bites of my roll and reluctantly passed it over to James but after dinner I did get myself a nice little dish of free soft serve ice cream. I only shared a few bites of that with Megan (she loved it). I started to have diabetic dining remorse so I had James drop me off at the end of our street so I could walk a little. :-) If anyone saw us, they had to think we were crazy in a fight or something. Another reason I was organizing my closet ... it was more exercise!

5. My blood sugar after that pregnant binge was only 94!!!

6. It feels so good to be sitting on the sofa watching All My Children. I secretly hope Megan takes a nice long nap. :-)

7. I had a list of 7 things I needed at Kroger and I spent $140. After coupons. Included in my purchases was a big slice of chocolate cake. mmmmmm. cake.

8. I bought myself some flowers. They were pretty and I wanted them. No, I didn't splurge for the $30 bouquet even though they were so much prettier. It wasn't a $30 bouquet day. Not yet.

9. I'm a little embarrassed to be an Aggie after Saturday's game. I'm tempted to take down our yard flag. No, maybe I'll give it another week. But if we don't beat Army ... right ... I'll still be an Aggie and I'll still wear my maroon and people will still laugh at us.

10. I know the laundry needs to be put in the dryer and I don't care.

11. I am SO looking forward to the new TV shows this week! I can NOT WAIT for Grey's! I saw the commercial and are they seriously going to try to kill off McDreamy?

12. OK - so I'm finally motivated to do something other than blabber on the blog about nothing anyone cares about. I'm going to do some Grey's spoiler research. I'll share if I find anything worth sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*******
OK - apparently there is some sort of dream sequence that may have been shown in the sneak peek commercials. Also, rest easy because Rose is NOT pregnant - and apparently her time on the show may be limited. From what I found online, there was a car wreck that injured McDreamy and it happened when he was going to talk to Rose while Mer is waiting for him at the "candle house" on the hillside. Nothing I read said he's going to die. I think that might be a hard secret to keep! ;-) So I guess we'll just have to wait and see. The suspense is killing me!! haa ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh! :-D Ben will be here watching the Aggie game with us this weekend (whoop!) so I hope we play much better than we have been!!

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry- that was me! ;-)
-Mel

Jennifer said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy! maybe that's the magic the Aggies need!

Katy said...

Those are very funny confessions! I have to agree totally with the maternity clothes thing. I went to Motherhood Maternity this week and bought some fall clothes (just a couple things since I only have a month left!) and they are soo comfy! I have also found that the nursing clothes seems comfy as well!

Anonymous said...

I think I know where you dog gets it's crazy from. Who longs for preggo undies anyway?

stacy

Heather said...

AAAAAAHHHH, I haven't seen any commercials yet, but thanks for doing the research and sharing!
Bummer on the Aggie game, right?! Get in gear guys!
You are TOO funny Jenny! This blog just took me back to college and how much you made me laugh back then too! When Mel moves back to OK, we totally need to all get together!