Megan's first tooth has finally broken through. I couldn't feel anything along her gums yesterday but there is definitely a tooth peeking out today! Just one lower tooth. It's so cute! I can't wait to watch it grow in. Yes ... apparently this is my life now ... watching teeth grow and thinking they're cute! ha ha ha!
So, this whole 'stay-cation' idea has kind of been a bust. It's just so hot outside and we've had some thunderstorms that have kept us close to home but basically it comes down to planning. We really wanted to do all this fun stuff but we didn't make any actual plans. When you wake up early but drag your feet the days get away from you!! I got my hair done Tuesday ... and I feel 10 years younger. Mommy has NO MORE GREY HAIR ... and I had a LOT! I went with an all over color - just a touch darker than my natural color - and a few highlights. That appointment took up most of one day, much to James' dismay. One of the things on our list of 'fun stuff to do' that we actually did was to go to Original Pancake House for breakfast one morning. There's always a long wait when we go so we figured we might have the place to ourselves on a Wednesday. We were right! Although we hadn't really planned this, we also did some shopping. Face it, it wouldn't be a family vacation for us if there wasn't an outlet mall involved. Megan likes sitting up in the stroller like a big girl much better than that stupid car seat. She grabbed onto the cup holders and sat up, watching everything go by.
We went to lunch with Grandma one day then ran some errands. One of the things on our list was to hit the liquor store. We were a sight ... me with the baby in the stroller and James with the cart full of booze! Here's Meg on her second trip to the liquor store. :-) ha ha ha!
We also had grandma come over last night so James and I could have a date night. We had dinner at Outback - bloomin' onion, steaks, and chocolate cake! mmmmm! Then we stopped at this new bar by our house for a few drinks (well, I say new ... I think it opened in March). We had a good time. It was really nice to be able to enjoy some time together, no matter how tired (and so incredibly full) we both were. Hopefully we'll have another date-night soon. Megan gave poor grandma fits. I think that tooth popped through last night while we were out. ;-)
Don't know what else the weekend has in store for us. Maybe we'll actually get to some of that sight-seeing we wanted to do this week.
3 comments:
Yay for Meg's first tooth!! That is so exciting!! Glad you are loving your new hair-do! A good cut/color can make you feel great! :-)
Yeah! for the tooth. Hope the weather cooperates for you guys to do something fun! Enjoy your date nights!
First tooth is so fun!
Love the liquor store pics...did Meg help you make selections?! LOL
Keep us updated on the Stay-cation, I REALLY want to try that idea sometime!
Post a Comment